Capture video problem

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I just hooked up the Sony Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 10 and for the first time I hooked my Canon XL2 up to the computer. Since I don’t have a firewire I’m using a KWorld USB capture device. This devise came with Cyberlink Director and Im able to capture video through that program. Whenever I click on Capture Video from Vegas, it says “Preview is off” when I try to turn it on, I’m told No device detected. What am I doing wrong?

Participant

You cant capture video from miniDV tape through USB. Get a firewire cable.

Participant

I have VMS 10 as well, with a 1394 card and cable and the capture screen says it’s “unable to open the (camera) Sony HDR FX7”. I can capture the video files using Pinnacle , but not SMV (HD) …..   any suggestions (and why does it recognize the camera by name)??

Participant

Do you gotthe camcorder set to 1080i out?

Participant

I have Vegas Pro not sure about the USB connection I have always used a fire wire . Sounds strange You might check with what XTR-91 says and play with that to see if it changes anything, or when you get your capture window open check your preferences to see if you can change anything there. there is also a device button in Pro not sure with VMS You might try a different setting and see if that works for you

Participant

XTR-91 asked if I have the camcorder set to 10801i “out”???  I have the camera set to record in 1080i, I made an assumption that the output (vtr playback) would automatically be the same….  is that an incorrect assumption? The camera is a recent purchase, which means, I still need to learn about some of the functions. Thanks for the question.

Participant

On mine if i go to the menu I choose what my out out will be either 1080i or just DV and that is the out I have the HDR- FX1 so i have to choose my out put

Participant

Thanks daryldrj….   that helps. On the FX7, the menu offers AUTO or HDV or DV, so I set the output to HDV. I’ll check this out later today.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap