Capture Settings in Final Cut Pro for converting HD to DV

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Technique Editing Capture Settings in Final Cut Pro for converting HD to DV

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

I’ve shot some footage on a Sony HDR-HC1 camcorder and would like to capture it into Final cut pro in 16:9 , few questions:

On Easy Set Up do I choose DV-PAL? (I am UK based)

Also what Sequence Settings should I have? I ask this because in a previous project I captured some DV footage which I’d shot in 16:9 but when I altered the Sequence settings to DV PAl & animorphic 16:9 the footage looked stretched…this was after I’d done a fair bit of editing and was new to the program.

thanks for reading

Inactive

any takers?

Participant

I dont think you can convert HDV to DV during ingest if you are capturing through Firewire. You’ll need a capture card for that…i think. If you don’t want to spend the money on a capture card, capture as HDV and then take your clips into Compressor and convert them to DV-PAL animorphic or DVCPro50 Animorphic PAL.

Your sequence settings should match your clip settings. If you’re clip is 16:9, then your sequence should be animorphic. The framerate, resolution, and compression codec should all match as well.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best new video tech at CES 2019

Every year, we head to CES to check out the latest innovations in consumer technology and look for the next big thing in video production. CES 2019 was no exception.
homicide-bootstrap