Capture Settings in Final Cut Pro for converting HD to DV

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Technique Editing Capture Settings in Final Cut Pro for converting HD to DV

• This topic has 2 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 10 years ago by AvatarAnonymous.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

I’ve shot some footage on a Sony HDR-HC1 camcorder and would like to capture it into Final cut pro in 16:9 , few questions:

On Easy Set Up do I choose DV-PAL? (I am UK based)

Also what Sequence Settings should I have? I ask this because in a previous project I captured some DV footage which I’d shot in 16:9 but when I altered the Sequence settings to DV PAl & animorphic 16:9 the footage looked stretched…this was after I’d done a fair bit of editing and was new to the program.

thanks for reading

Inactive

any takers?

Participant

I dont think you can convert HDV to DV during ingest if you are capturing through Firewire. You’ll need a capture card for that…i think. If you don’t want to spend the money on a capture card, capture as HDV and then take your clips into Compressor and convert them to DV-PAL animorphic or DVCPro50 Animorphic PAL.

Your sequence settings should match your clip settings. If you’re clip is 16:9, then your sequence should be animorphic. The framerate, resolution, and compression codec should all match as well.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap