CAPTURE PROBLEM! premiere won’t allow my Canon XL1s to Cptr

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Technique Editing CAPTURE PROBLEM! premiere won’t allow my Canon XL1s to Cptr

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

I tried to capture from my Canon XL1s and for some reason, it can be controlled by the capture tools in Premiere Pro, but it won’t show up on screen. It keeps saying to "reset the device" and won’t let me capture! I chose the Canon listing and device specific option on the device panel. Then I hit rewind and it will. Then I hit play and it won’t work on the Capture Screen. Troubleshooting only said something about having another 3rd party program going that is trying to do the capturing but I really don’t think so. the only thing I can think of is if Windows Movie Maker is trying to do anything when I connect my device (Cannon XL1s).

Help! What is going on! ?

in exchange for your help, I will tell you where to get a free video sharing account: ZoomVid.com

Ok, thanks to any and everyone that can help! I need to finish editing this Go-Kart commercial I’ve made! grrrrrrrrrr 😑

Inactive

Shake the window?!? Really?!? Holy Cow! if that works, you are a genius! I can’t wait to try it out and let you know.

CHECK IS IN THE MAIL! πŸ˜€

Inactive

http://www.scenalyzer.com/main.html
    Try this!

Participant

I called Adobe when this happened to me and they guided me through basically just (if you’re using Windows, and chances are, you are) setting up a separate account for capturing video. Basically what happens – what they explained to me anyway – was that something in the registry for the account that you’re using gets messed up and corrupts the entries for Premiere in that account, but if you create a new account and open up Premiere in there, it’ll take a bit longer than usual because it’s creating brand new entries for Premiere in that account’s registry, so they won’t be corrupted, since they’re brand new. That worked beautifully.

However, I’m now having issues because my computer will play back the video, will see and hear it and the audio, but when I try to capture, it drops every few frames so I get a super-choppy 2-minute clip after playing through about 12 minutes of tape! I’ve recently built a new computer setup with Adobe’s Production Premium suite, a whole dedicated system for video, and I don’t have a Firewire port on the motherboard. (Yea, dumb to not buy one that had one built-in, I know). I used a separate Firewire card for my old machine (the one I eventually had to create a new account for and that now has capturing issues once again) and it worked wonderfully for about 3 years. Now, though, with the addition of the new system for video, I’d rather have that capable of handling all video tasks instead of switching between one and the other. I’m also getting rid of the current desktop for a laptop soon so it’ll be nice not to have to depend on that for video stuff when I didn’t set it up for video in the first place. So basically, my question is this:

Does anybody have any fairly cheap but very effective and reliable ways of capturing from an XL1 to Adobe Premiere Pro CS3 that is very reliable and dependable and is simply functional and useful in this type of setup? I just want to be able to capture my video, and it’s so discouraging when you have two computers – one that is very capable of handling video tasks – but you can’t do the simplest, most essential task of all. Thanks so much for your help, anyone and everyone who responds, and I hope my respone above helped the original poster of this topic.

Participant

I know this doesn’t help, but this is exactly the reason I switched to the mac platform. I was experiencing the exact same issue with Premier. Then, on a whim, I connected my camera to an iBook and iMovie captured every frame flawlessly, and then I edited the footage and wrote the final movie back to a clean tape on the same camera!!! BTW – this was back in 2000, iBook 366 with a 10 gig HD and iMovie 1.0.

Sorry you’re having trouble and I wish I could add some valuable advice!

• Viewing 4 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap