Capture Problem – No Timecode, No Image – DVCAM

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Technique Editing Capture Problem – No Timecode, No Image – DVCAM

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I’m using Adobe Pro 7 and using a Sony DVCAM DSR-11.

Using a firewire connection I plugged it in and captured about 3 tapes worth.

After which I placed the capturing aside and had to restart the computer.

When I tried to capture once again…there was no image sampling that I could see and it couldn’t find the time code…all zeros.

I tried another Sony DVCAM and it worked when I first plugged it in, then, restart, and nothing.

I can control the DVCAM with the play and stop buttons using the program and not the physical DVCAM…but that is about all I can do…

So I’m wondering what I could do to fix this?

Participant

Its happened to me. I cleaned the heads on the deck and it helped

Participant

That would be my question also, how many hours on the deck since the last cleaning?

You could also check the Firewire cable or try a different one.

Inactive

Why are you having to re-start? Did you shut down the capture software before having to shut down? Have you installed any new software lately?

Participant

I don’t think it has anything to do with the heads needing a cleaning…I’ll give it a try though, just in case…I think it may be more of a software problem…? because like I stated two different tape decks worked but then after the restart of the computer system they both no longer worked.

there wasn’t a problem with the restart or anything just a reboot of the system after a shutdown for the night or wanting to give my computer a rest from gaming or something like that…no problems otherwise.

I haven’t installed any new software lately either, I thought that too…thought it may have even been a virus or something crazy like that but it wasn’t…I’m clean

Although now that I think of it I don’t think I shut off the tape deck (sony dvcam) before the shutdowns. Could it be something crazy like that?

I did shut down the program like I would have normally would have done.

this weekend I’m going to try and pick up a camera to see if that helps with the uploading of my tapes…

stressful…

thanks for all your replies

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best stock video sites — 2021

Stock video sometimes gets a bad wrap in the filmmaking community. In reality, however, we see stock video used every day in any number of applications. Below, you'll find our selections for the best places to look for stock...
homicide-bootstrap