Capture Problem

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I am a newbie and recently purchased a Panasonic
      Palmcorder..nothing fancy…however, I have tried and tried and my PC will
      not recognize my DV…I first started with Sonic which was on my computer…then I went to Movie Maker…now I purchased Adobe Premiere
      Elements 2.0…and it doesn’t recognize my DV either…what I have read with
      the help menu on Adobe PE 2.0 is if you are connecting thru USB 2 you need
      a Video Class 1 Driver…I have again looked and looked and cannot figure out or find out what that driver is…I am not very computer savvy….just
      a Mom trying to take her old cassettes, record them on to DVD (that is a nother problem issue) as well as
      take the new videos from the DV and edit them and come up with a better
      showing of family videos. Can someone help…I keep reading about fire wires and perhaps that may solve my problem. But again, that is another investment, and I am concerned my PC will tell me the same thing.

I know the computer shows the DV thru the USB…I believe it lists it as a
      removable device….but I never can find them in the editing programs. There is one issue though when I use Moviemaker…if I turn the DV to
      webcam the Moviemaker program recognizes it, but all I get is the audio
      and no video.

I am getting very frustrated….please HELP :'( [/list]

Inactive

Heeeeey! You’re capturing DV using your USB connection?
      There’s nothing wrong with your software. Use Firewire! If you don’t have a Firewire port on your mobo already, get yourself a PCI Firewire card for some $ 15, and a cable, and that’s all there is to it.

Inactive

SVHS has it right. A Firewire is standard equipment in digital video world.

They come in a few sizes just like USB does, so look out. There are 4-pin and 6-pin configurations. Most DV cams have a 4-pin input on them. So we want a Firewire with one end that fits a “4”. But computers have 6-pin OR 4-pin attachments. Depending on your computer, you’ll want to ask for a “Four pin- to- Four pin Firewire”, or a “Six pin- to- four pin Firewire”

Happy shopping

-a

Inactive

Hey guys I kinda have the same problem… I have an HC42 (pretty good one) and capture images at 720 res, but when transferred to my computer to watch it.. on 720 the image is great.. but when i change it to full screen it gets crappy… or whenever i burn a dvd and watch it on my tv (plasma digital) the image gets crappy too.. any ideas??

btw.. I use firewire to transfer the vids

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best stock video sites — 2021

Stock video sometimes gets a bad wrap in the filmmaking community. In reality, however, we see stock video used every day in any number of applications. Below, you'll find our selections for the best places to look for stock...
homicide-bootstrap