Capture HDV

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

I have beern trying to get Vegas 8 to recognize my Canon XFA1 in HDVmode but no luck.

The same cam is quickly recognized in another program, “HDTV Split”

Is there some trick I don’t know? Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks

Anonymous
      Inactive

Some say to start your cam playing first …then your editor’s capture…never had this prob but sawthis answersomewhere

XTR-91
      Participant

Some camcorders require you to switch to VCR (playback) mode in order to stream video via FireWire. There are even some cases where certain video camcorders are not supported by the editing software.

If you cannot import your video with Vegas, use the other program to capture, render, and save your files so that they can be imported and edited with Vegas 8.

— I’ve recently had experience with updates and patches that improve the editing interface (somewhat) and also cause certain features to blow up. Some of my PiP animations saved and appeared in the wrong place the next time I loaded my project. I highly doubt that this is the case with your software, though.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Editing’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

The best digital storage for video editors — 2021

As digital video resolutions increase, our need for storage increases as well. If you’re ready to step up to a new storage solution, you’re in the right place.
homicide-bootstrap

Giveaway

THE ESSENTIAL VLOGGING TOOLKIT

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.