capture device

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      adanchev
      Participant

using camcoder for capturing is not good. I have Panasonic and I have sometimes problems with it – after several capturing it stops working sending me message "push reset buttom". I hope there are devices in which you can put your type (DV or HD) connect to the computer and capture the video. it saves your camcoder I hope. however nobody know about something like it. do you know anything?Thanks.

Anonymous
      Inactive

You can buy a deck with IEEE1394/i.Link

Anonymous

It should work in theory without a hitch. The only real significant reason for not using your camcorder for capture is that it adds additional wear and tear to the video heads. But, for most of us that’s a fair trade-off as decks are pretty expensive.

I’d consider running a head cleaning tape in the camcorder. Follow the directions on the heading cleaning tape to make sure you don’t damage the camcorder itself. If that doesn’t fix your errors, it might be the tape itself. You could have a bad tape. In my years of shooting digital video, I’ve had this happen twice, so it doesn’t happen often, but it’s a possibility. I’d also recommend never using the same tape over and over again. This will help keep your heads clean in addition to keeping the tapes healthy. If errors still persist you should contact the manufacturer immediately. There could be a head alignment problem.

adanchev
      Participant

Thank you. In my practice I captured the material and then divided into smaller scenes, next using them for bin composition in the Premiere. My impression is that the more I import the same scene the worse is the quality. Maybe in the Premier there is some compression which every time compresses the file and thus reducing the quality. It is correct? How to preserve quality when you use multiple times the same scene? Thank you again

mmontgomery Wrote:

It should work in theory without a hitch. The only real significant reason for not using your camcorder for capture is that it adds additional wear and tear to the video heads. But, for most of us that’s a fair trade-off as decks are pretty expensive.

I’d consider running a head cleaning tape in the camcorder. Follow the directions on the heading cleaning tape to make sure you don’t damage the camcorder itself. If that doesn’t fix your errors, it might be the tape itself. You could have a bad tape. In my years of shooting digital video, I’ve had this happen twice, so it doesn’t happen often, but it’s a possibility. I’d also recommend never using the same tape over and over again. This will help keep your heads clean in addition to keeping the tapes healthy. If errors still persist you should contact the manufacturer immediately. There could be a head alignment problem.

faqvideo
      Participant

JVC manufactures MiniDV/VHS decks with Firewire connectors. Can you use some cheap consumer MiniDV camcorder as a player?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Video and Film Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

The best laptops for video editing — 2021

For video editors, finding the perfect portable workstation is like catching a unicorn. It is no easy task to find the perfect balance of performance vs price point.
homicide-bootstrap

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.

Giveaway

THE ESSENTIAL VLOGGING TOOLKIT

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN