capture advise

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Hi to all.

I am filming boxing matches, i am looking for advise./

Right now i am filming whit 2 ccd cameras and after the match i upload them to a pc and there edit the film whit effect and all the icing .

Well what i whant to do is, I bought a mixer whit bnc inputs i what to connect the camera there and one out put to the capturing device (Prob a pc so) i can capture and minimize mi editing time and probabily start selling the dvd after the match, I need the capture part and what will be a good setup

Thanks

Inactive

It’s not clear how you are getting your video into the computer now. I’m assuming it isn’t any of the many, many video digitizers on the market. Cause that’s all you need if you can already get video from a camera into the computer.

Now I’m much more concerned about the “mixer whit bnc inputs i what to connect the camera there and out put to” Had you actually been able to figure out exactly what mixer you want to use, I could easily give step by step instructions. As it is, you’ll be lucky indeed if you can work this out. Let’s hope you at least have a fully digital mixer, otherwise you haven’t got a chance.

So give us some details and we can actually offer useful advice. Cause with the right mixer, you could be burning your master DVD in real time, during the actual bout, ending up with a video (please you are not using film) with EFX and all the icing on a DVD ready to copy & sell before the fighters even hit the showers.

Good luck, hope you find your help.

Participant

Thank you for your responce. To start this job started as a favor for a friend a hobbie, but it has gone big so i want to start making more professional video.

So my equipment is 2 3ccd cameras mini dv tape, whit dv output right now i am using the rca output to show images on big screen, after the fight ends i go back home and whit my camera i connected to my Apple G4 and upload the footage thru firewire, and then i start editing.

The mixer I got a panasonic wjmx30 I have not used but the idea is to used it, the other problem is the money i do not have a big budget so i can not get expensive equipment (yet)

Thanks

Inactive

Radio Shack sells RCA to BNC connectoradapters for about $5.00 each. You should be able to connect your cameras to the mixer using a pair of these and a couple of cables with RCA connectors oneach end. I use these to connect my Canon XL1s to a Sony monitor and it works fine.

Inactive

look into hard drive recorders that you can plug into the camera through thefirewire port, take caution when using the firewire ports, they can easily be damaged by cables bending the ports or pins. by using the hard drive recorders, you already have external drives with files on them and can start assembling the video project immediately.

John

Inactive

So I checked out your mixer and it should do an excellent job of mixing your video. There are ways to get your titles & graphics added at the same time as you are shooting the video. But it will take some practice to get the timing down & keys set up properly. I’d consider checking eBay or used stuff from larger video retailers for the dedicated character generator, it should come cheap without the mixer.

But if you’re planning on adding the icing back home, you still need to record the output somewhere. To be honest, the least expensive route is to record direct to DVD. You could purchase a home DVD recorder, like people now use in place of VCR’s for recording TV shows. You can also use a video DVR. That’s the way Tivo records programs. But I’m thinking either a home DVD recorder or one of the several brands of DVD burners that can connect to AV sources and/or connect to your computer. SONY calls theirs the DVDirect MC5 Multi-function DVD burner with a street price of around $200.

With a unit like that, you can record your video to DVD during the fight. Take it home & hook it up to your computer to pull the data off the disc for editing. You might have to copy the VOB files to your hard drive & rename them MPG’s. Just remember, since you are going to deliver DVD’s you can record in the best quality mode, import & edit then author your DVD for sales. (And if you now have two DVD burners, your DVD copy should finish sooner.) Now if you’re using a home DVD recorder, you just swap the disc to your editing computer.

Hope this helps. If you’re unclear about what I’m suggesting, just let me know. Good luck.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap