Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews › Forums › Technique › Editing › Cant upload to youtube ??!
- July 24, 2008 at 2:02 PM #47696
Ive downloaded the trial version of Sony Vegas Platinum, and made a movie.
I wanted to put this movie on Youtube.com but it cant ??
After that i tried upload a movie made in Windows Movie maker, and there was no problems at all ! :S
Maybe one of you guys could help me out 🙂
- July 24, 2008 at 2:32 PM #196374AnonymousInactive
What kind of error did you get from YouTube?
- July 24, 2008 at 3:20 PM #196375
are you exporting the right type of file? are you exporting a small enough file size?
- July 24, 2008 at 3:32 PM #196376
The error is that it just wont change page from the step 2 upload site :S It can go on for hours ! :S
And its an Wmv file on 195 MB
- July 24, 2008 at 3:34 PM #196377
I think its the file size :S
- July 24, 2008 at 4:57 PM #196378
it’s a 100mb limit. I think there is a way to be allowed to upload a larger size, but im not sure how. im not a fan of youtube.
- July 25, 2008 at 6:18 PM #196379
kk thanks 🙂
Hey do any of u guys how i can minimize the file size of my video made on sony vegas platinum ?? :S
- July 25, 2008 at 9:49 PM #196380AnonymousInactive
Actually YT now supports files up to 1GB. BUT videos must still be under 10 minutes (unless special arrangements are made).
- July 25, 2008 at 9:57 PM #196381filmdude2014Participant
To minimize the file, save in a lower quality format, you may be saving in AVI for instance wich makes a huge file size, instead save in an mpeg file, this willlower the quality of the video. some sites have a desktop uploading option, which requires you to have a program you download off that site (I.e. google video desktop uploader) these allow you to upload files of any size, though I’m not certain you tube has one of those… hope I could help.
- July 26, 2008 at 3:00 AM #196382
you lower the bit rate to lower the file size.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.