Can’t import Camcorder Vid into Vegas Movie Studio 6

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Technique Editing Can’t import Camcorder Vid into Vegas Movie Studio 6

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

Hi everyone. I’m brand new to this forum and I’m hoping someone can help.

I have Sony Vegas Movie Studio 6.0. I also have a Sony Digital Handycam model DCR-TRV330. My Vegas software won’t recognize/find my camcorder thus I cannot import any video I have into the program.

Can anyone help offer some suggestions? I’ve tried a couple of downloadable fixes that I’ve seen on other general forums on the webbut nothing has worked. I’ve also emailedmultiple timeswith Sony’s technical department to no resolution. The only thing they’ve been able to recommend is to purchasea $50 piece of software to enable the Vegas and my camcorder to communicate. It’s difficult for me to accept that my Sony software can’t find my Sony camcorder so before I hand over $50, I’d like to see what those of you in this community might recommend and if anyone else has experienced this problem.

Thanks in advance and let me know if you need more information.

Rusty

Inactive

are you starting vegas and then turning on the camera? What exactly is your workflow?

Inactive

I’ve done it both ways. I’ve started vegas first and then my camera and visa versa.

Inactive

Does your camcorder record to Hard Disk or to MiniDV?

Inactive

i assume that when you plug your camera into your computer Windows recognizes it. i also assume that you are connecting through firewire… go into the capture program and select the options, uncheck the box that enables dv device control. exit vegas and then hook up your camera and turn it on. load vegas and try to capture.

John

Inactive

Thank you both for posting. My camcorder uses a Mini DV and has no hard drive. It’s about 7 years old. I’m currently using USB but I’ll try firewire next and report back to you. I don’t know if Windows recognizes it. I don’t get any notification that it does so that could be the problem. In any case, I’ll try firewire and follow your instructions John. TTYS!

Rusty

Inactive

I haven’t forgotten you guys. Sorry it’s been a few days since I’ve posted an update. Busy week. Plus, it would appear that I don’t have the correct firewire for my computer and have to go buy a different one. I’ll let you know. Thanks again for being patient.

Rusty

Inactive

Well, guys, apparently my computer of only one scant year old doesn’t have a firewire port! Go figure. Well, I figure something out. Thanks for your input Johnboy and Film814. If I can fit my computer with one and it doesn’t fix the problem, I’ll let you know. I thought the USB with my camera would work but apparently not. Talk to you later! Again, thanks.

Rusty

Inactive

firewire cards are cheap, i think somewhere around 30 bucks, you should be good to go then. Good luck Rusty.

John

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best camera bags and cases — 2021

Finding the right camera bag or case for your gear can be challenging, particularly if this is the first bag or case you've ever purchased.
homicide-bootstrap