CAN’T GET SOME TRANSITIONS TO WORK!

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Hi –

I have Pinnacle Studio 11PLUS. In trying to get some transitions into the timeline, I suddenly am having only the basic ones work (Fade to black, simple dissolve, and some wipes).

The others do not work. This is the first time this has happened. What’s going on?

I have a Dell XPS430 with a QuadCOre processor, ATI Radeon HD 4850- Video Card, 6GB of RAM.

I’d appreciate some help on this.

Thanks.

BOB FLEISHMAN

Inactive

I had this problem. I just rebooted my computer and the problem went away.If that doesn’t work you can just reinstall and use the repair option, which is quicker.

Inactive

Bob,

My suggestion is to count your blessings and live without them πŸ˜€

In the last year of producing video, I can only think of one single time when I used something outside of a cut or dissolve, and it was specifically at the client’s request. In the 12 years I’ve been doing video, I’d say except for the first couple years (when I didn’t know what I was doing) I could probably count the number of times I’ve used all those special transitions put together on my fingers.

Now, saying that, maybe you have a legitimate reason for these transitions. In our business, we like to produce the quality of programs where you’d mistake them for being TV shows. And on TV, you have about 97% cuts, 3% dissolves, and .0000000001% Every other transition ever crafted by man. I might even be overestimating on that last one πŸ™‚ The only exception to that would be shows that have custom transitions (I’m specifically thinking of “Home Improvement” Where they had transitions featuring power tools “destroying” the scene),but even in those cases, the transitions are usually all a similar style, and the style is usually still used very rarely (e.g. for scene changes).

Of course, since you didn’t ask my opinion on using wacky transitions, but how to bring them back, I would suggest the same as the others above πŸ˜‰

Participant

This problem plagued me for years.  Here's the solution:

Open the Setup menu,

Select Video and Audio Preferences

Uncheck "Enable Hardware Acceleration"

Click ok

Close and reopen Studio

Thankso FANDOS.SP on youtube for this fix.

@jimcvideo,

You are correct that if you want a professional looking video, you'll just stick with the simple fade.  However, we make a lot of slideshow videos for children and use lots of different and wild transitions.  The kids love it!

To each his own.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best new video tech at CES 2019

Every year, we head to CES to check out the latest innovations in consumer technology and look for the next big thing in video production. CES 2019 was no exception.
homicide-bootstrap