Can’t Get A Clean Chroma Key Effect

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I am having a hard time getting a clean chroma key effect. I have tried using Pinnacle Studio 12, as well as Premier Elements 4.0, and cannot get the talent in the forground to be free of the green halo. The talent is sitting six feet away from the green background, and the green background is evenly lit. I tried adjusting the threshold and other chroma key settings with no luck. Has anyone had any luck with the chroma key features in these programs? Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Participant

In general I dislike the chroma key features of editing programs, they really aren’t than good.

If you haven’t already done so, my suggestion is to apply multiple chroma key effects to the clip. This allows you to target each one to a specific tone of the green screen.

If those programs have a matte choker effect which is designed to clip the edges of the mask the chroma key creates that would also help and a spill suppressor effect can help to remove the green halo. To be honest I don’t know if you can do the last two effects in eiher of the programs you have.

Participant

I use Sony Vegas Movie Studio Platuim…it looks okay…..

like see it looks like this…. http://s153.photobucket.com/albums/s222/camiskaggs/?action=view&current=Image1.jpg

Participant

Addisonn,

Whats up with the discoloration in the photo? It looks like the key wasn’t completely transparent. Was it a photo you were keying or a video?

Participant

a photo…..i will tryto work on it… and repost it

Participant

are you superimposing the photo onto video or vice versa?

or are you just imposing one photo onto another photo?

or was that a screenshot of a video clip?

Participant

i cant tell if its better…but here it is:

http://s523.photobucket.com/albums/w351/Addisonn2/?action=view&current=a1.jpg

if you have any tips help me please! :]]

Participant

i am putting a photo behind the green screen pic….

Participant

I think you may get better results if you can get more even lighting on your screen, and more distance between your subject and screen. get the light spill on your subject minimised.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap