Canon XL2 vs. SONY HDR-SR11

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

I need help deciding which one to get. I will be using this for weddings, birthdays etc… I know one is HD, but I know someone selling me his XL2 for $1300 and I also know someone selling his HDR-SR11 for $600. Please let me know. Or if you have any other camcorders that you would suggest. Thanks

Inactive

I would love to move to the xl2. I guess one of the questions is…Do I want to delve into HD? You can still get amazing quality with SD, especially with an xl2. I am not as familiar with the HDR_SR11, but I would lean to the xl2 –

And by the way – if you don’t go with the xl2, send your friend my way – I’d be happy to buy one for $1300.

Inactive

Hey there,

I would definitely go with the XL2 over the HDR. You have way more to work with on the XL2, as it is a professional camera. Plus if you are doing weddings and other projects with it, clients like bigger camera’s that look more proffesional. Not ones that look like a consumer camera, that you could buy at Best Buy.

Participant

I shoot weddings with an hdr hc1 and a sr12.

I show prospective clients the last clients video, and have never been asked about equipment…..

• Viewing 3 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best audio and video recorders — 2020

In this article, we’ll cover the best external recorders for both video and audio recording. Then, we’ll go over the specs we considered when making our selections so that you can choose the best recorder for your...
    homicide-bootstrap