Canon XL1S or Canon GL2

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

I was wondering which camcorder would be best for shooting a movie, the XL1S or the GL2? I was also wondering if the Canon GL2 has a 24fps option?

Inactive

I was wondering which camcorder would be best for shooting a movie, the XL1S or the GL2?

Download their brochures from the Canon website. Then you can compare their specs and features.

I was also wondering if the Canon GL2 has a 24fps option?

I have no idea. Good luck! πŸ˜€

Inactive

probably the more expensive one….i have used a GL2 and they are the sikest cam i ever used….so maybie get that 1, also what kind of movie are you gonns shoot?

Inactive

I like that XL1s thats what i have used in the past. It has a ok Gamma curve and color, is easy to use. But if you can, get a new lense that one sucks. Also you are going to want the MA-100 for it becuse the audio mic that it comes with sucks

Inactive

When GL-1’s came out, I got one and love it. The GL-2 is improved and a good camera but you are stuck with mini DV’s. I bought a JVC-5000u after looking at the XL cams. The JVC will take both mini and full size tapes with a maximum recording time of 276 minutes in SP mode. All the money you will dump into an XL to make it the production camera, the alternatives are quite competitive. Just price the “Pro Viewfinder” and you’ll see what I mean. Don’t get me wrong, the XL’s are really good for their intended purpose.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best live streaming equipment β€” 2021

These days, anyone with access to a smartphone can connect with fans and friends from all over the world. However, the more complex your stream, the more gear you’ll likely need. Each set up has advantages and disadvantages, and...
homicide-bootstrap