canon XL1s help – Tape in – Display shows no tape sign

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Cameras and Camcorders Consumer Camcorders canon XL1s help – Tape in – Display shows no tape sign

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

Hello, this is my first post here. We use a Canon XL1s and have recently tried to prepare for a shoot. However, any tape (old or new) put into the deck shows a tape with a slash sign (no tape) on the dsiplay panel. We’ve tried multiple tapes – looked for resets – locks – nothing is allowing us to use any tape for recording, rewind, etc. Has anyone else had this problem? Any recommendations? Thank you.

Participant

I am having the same problem. Just bought the camera, need help

Participant

Thank you for your inquiry. We value you as a Canon customer and appreciate the opportunity to assist you. I’m sorry to hear that you are experiencing difficulty while trying to operate the XL1S camcorder.

Try resetting the camcorder by removing and reseating both the battery and the backup battery. If this doesn’t work, then verify that the write protection lock for the DV cassette is disengaged. If this doesn’t resolve the issue, then the unit will require servicing

Inactive

Hello folks-

I have the same problem when I bought my XLS, and it happens that you have to push the tape gently down and then close the cover, otherwise the camera dont recognize that have a tape, trust me, as soon asI put my tape I pushed down and voila!! it works,hope this help.Good luck and happy videotaping. Ismael.

Inactive

cant get the play button to work.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Hand-held Stabilizers Buyer's Guide

Best camera stabilizers for video — 2020

A camera stabilizer lets you capture smooth shots without sacrificing freedom of movement. Here’s a look at the best handheld stabilizers available today.
homicide-bootstrap