Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews › Forums › Cameras and Camcorders › Consumer Camcorders › canon XL1s help – Tape in – Display shows no tape sign
- This topic has 4 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 12 years, 8 months ago by Anonymous.
- June 6, 2007 at 8:05 AM #44892AnonymousInactive
Hello, this is my first post here. We use a Canon XL1s and have recently tried to prepare for a shoot. However, any tape (old or new) put into the deck shows a tape with a slash sign (no tape) on the dsiplay panel. We’ve tried multiple tapes – looked for resets – locks – nothing is allowing us to use any tape for recording, rewind, etc. Has anyone else had this problem? Any recommendations? Thank you.
- October 16, 2007 at 3:43 PM #187431NLMGParticipant
I am having the same problem. Just bought the camera, need help
- October 16, 2007 at 10:06 PM #187432NLMGParticipant
Thank you for your inquiry. We value you as a Canon customer and appreciate the opportunity to assist you. I’m sorry to hear that you are experiencing difficulty while trying to operate the XL1S camcorder.
Try resetting the camcorder by removing and reseating both the battery and the backup battery. If this doesn’t work, then verify that the write protection lock for the DV cassette is disengaged. If this doesn’t resolve the issue, then the unit will require servicing
- January 29, 2008 at 8:24 AM #187433AnonymousInactive
I have the same problem when I bought my XLS, and it happens that you have to push the tape gently down and then close the cover, otherwise the camera dont recognize that have a tape, trust me, as soon asI put my tape I pushed down and voila!! it works,hope this help.Good luck and happy videotaping. Ismael.
- June 26, 2013 at 10:43 PM #208031AnonymousInactive
cant get the play button to work.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.