Canon XH A1s focus ring making “whining” noise on fast zoom

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Cameras and Camcorders Professional Camcorders Canon XH A1s focus ring making “whining” noise on fast zoom

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

The focus ring on my Canon XH A1s is making a ‘motor-like whining’ noise when manually focusing, is this in need of repair? Has anyone else experienced this ? Does this mean something is going to need repair inside my camera?

thanks

Inactive

PS – this has only recently started, the camera is not 2 years old without a ton of wear, well maintained.

Participant

I’ve never heard that on mine. I guess you mean the noise comes when you have switched focus to manual (AF/M).

Inactive

no it happens on both AF and M… it almost sounds like a tiny wind-up toy car, the whining noise, if that makes any sense …

Inactive

This is normal. I own a XH A1, and I know the sound.

remember that this cam has 20x optical zoom. That’s a lot. With the fast zoom you hear the motor making the zoom.

This is because the ring is not physically attached to the zoom. It is done by software and hardware. So there is a small delay too.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap