Canon XH A1, Panasonic AG-HMC150/170, or JVC GY-HD110U?

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Cameras and Camcorders Other Camcorders Canon XH A1, Panasonic AG-HMC150/170, or JVC GY-HD110U?

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

I have been looking to upgrade to a new prosumer camera for taping live shows for rock bands and to create my own films with. Some things the camera would have to have are XLR inputs for taking input from a sound board, customizations for video details (like Gamma Curve, Colour Matrix, Knee, Black Press/Stretch, etc), long recording times, 3 CCD sensors, HD video (at least 720p), independent gain controls, and good basic video controls (Focus, Zoom, Iris, Gain, Shutter Speed, ND Filters, White Balance, etc).

I have found some that I am interested in. The Canon XH A1, thePanasonic AG-HMC150, thePanasonic AG-HMC170, and theJVC GY-HD110U. If anyone knows what the quality of these cameras video capabilities are or have any suggestions for other cameras, feel free to tell me about it.

A good thing to note is that I am using Final Cut Express for editing.

Thanks,

Cirocomic

Participant

I would go with the JVC.

Inactive

Any specific reason why? Like durability, video quality, customization, etc.

“I would go with the JVC.”

I would have advised the same thing, but JVC just discontinued the 110 and the 200U cameras. Most likely their support for them will drop off shortly so I wouldn’t recommend buying a used one.

Inactive

What about one of the others used?

Inactive

Also what are the low light capabilities of any of these cameras?

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap