Canon WD-58H wide converter no filter

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I find it incredible that Canon’s WD 85h wide converter has no filter thread at the front of the lens! This lens costs hundreds of either US dollers or in my case since I am in the UK arpox240-260. Here is the message I sent to Canon UK:

<p class=”MsoNormal” style=”margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt;”><span style=”font-family: Times New Roman; font-size: small;”>Dear Sir, I have read a review of the<span style=”mso-spacerun: yes;”> </span>WD-58H Wide-converter for my XM2 and the person said the<span style=”mso-spacerun: yes;”> </span>WD-58H Wide-converter has no filter thread in which to screw a filter on the<span style=”mso-spacerun: yes;”> </span>WD-58H Wide-converter. Is this true? I need to be able put a filter on if only to protect the lens.</span>
      <p class=”MsoNormal” style=”margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt;”><span style=”font-family: Times New Roman; font-size: small;”>Here is Canon’s response: </span>
      <p class=”MsoNormal” style=”margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt;”>
      <p class=”MsoNormal” style=”margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt;”><span lang=”EN”></span>

Dear Customer,

As far as we are aware there is no front filter thread on the WD-58H.

Has anyone got this converter? If so what are there veiws and opinions?

Regards Steve

Participant

Elcid123,

Yep … this is the reason I purchased the Raynox 7000 as the wide angle accessory lens for my HFS 100. Has an 82 mm thread on front for filter attachments.

Best,

Mike

Participant

I used to have that wide angle lens when I had a Canon GL2 and no, it does not have threads in the front. Couldn’t imagine Raynox being a good brand though…looks cheap.

Participant

Thanks, I’ve purchased a Raynox 7000 for my XM2 UK/ also called GL2 USA.
    I don’t like no filter thread on the front of the canon WD 58H converter

• Viewing 3 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best audio and video recorders — 2020

In this article, we’ll cover the best external recorders for both video and audio recording. Then, we’ll go over the specs we considered when making our selections so that you can choose the best recorder for your...
    homicide-bootstrap