Canon Optura XI

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

Does anyone know how these cameras are preformance wise, and what level should someone be at to purchase them? Thanks

Inactive

…?

Inactive

zax Wrote:

Does anyone know how these cameras are preformance wise, and what level should someone be at to purchase them? Thanks

You can go to camcorderinfo.com or cnet to get reviews. You can also go to dvinfo.net and find a message board devoted to Opturas. Hope this helps.

– leahdax

Inactive

I am getting ready to buy one next week as a back up camera for my wedding videography business. I will let you know how I like it.

Inactive

okey thanks

Inactive

During daylight, quite the camera. It is a single chip but give the resolution and color of a 3 chip. Has mic and headphone jacks. Low light a VERY different story. I use it as a backup for weddings. My primary camera is a Sony 2000. It went down in June, and I have sent it in for repairs, and had to use the Canon.

If you are looking for something that you will be using in low light, look for a camea with a wider lens opening. The wider the lens opening, the more light that can get in….

Inactive

Do you no the retail price of this camera?

Inactive

It cost me the around $850.00. Since we have last chatted, I am getting to like it more. Still wish it was better in low light.

Inactive

XI?

I use an Optura 60 at home. It has a lot of good manual features for the low price. It’s pretty too. πŸ˜‰ lol.

Inactive

gonz67 Wrote:

Still wish it was better in low light.

Is there anything you can do to make it better in low light?

Inactive

i love how everyone ignored my above post… πŸ™‚

If you plan on shooting primarily in low-light situations but still want to buy a non-HD single chip camera (for the cheaper price, I guess), then the canon cameras are probably going to be the best choice (in that ilk). The optura (and I’m pretty sure they put the feature in th XI too) series has various exposure settings built in to the quick select on the camera. They also have menu accessible “manual” adjustments for Iris/Exposure etc..

However, the low light settings are only nice to low action. I was able to shoot some decent looking late night outdoor shots with the optura, but it required a tripod and some patience. The preset setting worked all right, but it was a bit better, after setting it manually.

Keep in mind, the outcome wasn’t HD quality or anything, but it documented the time shot with later viewability.

If you’re wanting a small camera to take spelunking or something, then the XI will do, but you’ll want to invest in some high-output led flashlights.

Inactive

sorry for the double post….

Want a cool Canon Camera? Get the Xl H1. 😯

Participant

Seeing as how he is looking at a low end elura i don’t think a 9,000 camera will be on his shopping list. Especially as a backup camera.

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best audio and video recorders β€” 2021

In this article, we’ll cover the best external recorders for both video and audio recording. Then, we’ll go over the specs we considered when making our selections so that you can choose the best recorder for your specific situation. The...
homicide-bootstrap