CANON HV20 FIREWIRE???

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

I have been trying to capture video from my hv20 with little success.

Adobe premiere 9 and WINdv is what I’m using. WINdv will sometime record then the next tape – one right after the other nothing really changing – It wont even recognize the camera. When I go to Adobe 9 It recognizes the camera and even goes through the motions, yet it records no video. ALL I WANT TO DO IS CAPTURE MY VIDEO. I tried another cable and everything seemed to work. But the very next try the above happens. I don’t want to buy another Canon in fear the the same thing will happen. Is there another answer.

I have tried to put pressure on the fire wire camera connection but this doesn’t help

Is there a camcorder that does both tape and electronic storage, that would be a nice upgrade?

thanks

lpb

Participant

I know that frustration! With Premiere Pro (and perhaps 9 as well) you have to make sure the the camera and software are expecting to give and receive the same signal. So, if you recorded in DV then set the output of the camera for DV and the software project to receive DV. If you recorded in HDV the set the out put for HDV and the project for HDV. Once, in the last 3 years I had to poke the reset button on the camera to make it all work again.

Inactive

Thanks

I’ve gone back and made sure, as much as a neophyte can, and still can’t get it to work.

BUT I have an old zr90 canon and I put a test tape I did on the hv20 shot in plain dv on 4:3 and IT WORKS.

SO I supose my hv20 has a bad firewire port.

If I buy a new camera and it is tapeless how am I ever going to get my tapes captured????

lpb

Participant

do you get anything through the USB or HDMI ports? Just to determine if any port works.

does your computer recognize the device when it is turned on but without PPro going? Maybe it’s your computer.

Inactive

When I plug in my HV20 the compter recognizes it and in ADOBE premiere 9 I can run it forward, play stop et.al.So I’m sure that it is recognizing everything but the video. On my original cable I had the exact same trouble. Thats kind of why I think its the camera. HOWEVER it seems to me it did work for one tape. Which still, I think, points to the camera. I’m using a ZR90 now to cature my older none hdv tapes.

Thanks for your help

lpb

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best digital storage for video editors — 2021

As digital video resolutions increase, our need for storage increases as well. If you’re ready to step up to a new storage solution, you’re in the right place.
homicide-bootstrap