Canon HF S21 vs Panasonic TM700

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

It is with dismay that I read the Canon HF S21 was rated the best memory card camcorder for 2010.

Looking at its specsagain it is evidently a great camcorder. However, there must be a great many members, myself included,that wouldhave given the nod to the Panasonic TM700 instead.

Is it unfair to request from Videomaker’s editors and reviewers to expand on their decision?

Participant

I suspect that this is somewhat of a Ford vs Chev debate.I was looking for a new camera and after looking at both the Panasonic and the Canon for months, I opted for the CanonHF S21.The two main factors were1) the large clear LCD, and2) it was a Canon – all my previous cameras were Canons. Oh, I also liked the optics and large lens.

Participant

It’s not whether you’re using itor not, but what you’re using it for.

The TM700’s better in low light, stabilization, and prolike operation in general, but the Canon’s simpler, and has better optics. I say go for the Panasonic.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best new video tech at CES 2019

Every year, we head to CES to check out the latest innovations in consumer technology and look for the next big thing in video production. CES 2019 was no exception.
homicide-bootstrap