Canon HF S21 into Final Cut Pro 7

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Helo,

Can someone please point me to the correct method of uploading my AVCHD videos from the Canon HF S21 into Final Cut Pro 7 for maximum quality and editability?

Thanks.

Chris

Hey Chris, here’s THE LINK to a fairly informative article on doing just that with AVCHD & FCP 7. Maybe it will prove helpful.

Participant

Thanks EarlC. Can’t believe Apple has not made a better way. It pulls straight into Imovie!

There’s a LOT of slamming going on right now with the current release of FCP X but it is possible that program will smooth out its sub-VR1 issues (seems most software releases are fairly premature in this industry, with the company developing them USING the buying public as “second round beta testers” and then issuing updates to address known or “discovered” issues, or not) and eventually offer something worth using. It is my understanding tht this program will offer a better solution … like iMovie does, for ingesting AVCHD. Like the Conan clip hammering FCP X ends “iMovie Pro?”

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best mirrorless cameras and DSLRs for video — 2021

These are the best mirrorless cameras and DSLRs on the market today, organized by use case. All are worthy of your hard-earned dollar.
homicide-bootstrap