Canon GL2 picture quality issues

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

hmm. You could try applying color correction to the image. For ex., darkening the blacks and increasing the saturation a little bit are a couple things that I sometimes do.
      Have you tried viewing your footage on any other monitors? Not really sure what else may help.

Participant

I am having trouble getting the picture quality that I desire with my GL2. I film primarily outdoors in all types of light. Regardless of the situation, the picture is never quite as clean as I think it could be. The editing program that I use is adobe premiere pro. I transfer the footage via firewire. One thing that I am wondering about is if my computer is the problem. Is it possible that I do not have a good enough video card or something? I have a Dell notebook that is only two years old. Most of the time I film with a UV filter or a wide angle lens. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Participant

travis_h Wrote:

One thing that I am wondering about is if my computer is the problem. Is it possible that I do not have a good enough video card or something? I have a Dell notebook that is only two years old.

I don’t know what exactly do you mean by picture not being clean. In regards to computer, the first thing you have to do is to calibrate your screen. The easiest way of doing that is buying a Spyder2express by Datacolor. I got mine for only $60 at Costco. The included program will automatically calibrate your computer monitor. With additional software that is available for free from the Net you will be able to calibrate your TV as well.

Michael, Canon Elura User Pages

Participant

what manual settings should I be paying attention to the most?

Participant

Travis, what do you mean by not clean? Is the image grainy? is it dark? Are the colors too warm/cool? Please describe the problem a bit more.

Participant

the whole image seems a little muddy

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap