Canon GL2

• This topic has 4 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 14 years ago by AvatarAnonymous.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

I am thinking of buying a canon GL2, and I want to buy wireless mics for it. Does anyone have a GL2, and have a suggestion as to what brand I should buy, or which is compatible. Thanks for the help!

Inactive

bigdavec81 Wrote:

I am thinking of buying a canon GL2, and I want to buy wireless mics for it. Does anyone have a GL2, and have a suggestion as to what brand I should buy, or which is compatible. Thanks for the help!

I have two of these cameras and hook them up with Azden wireless equipment. You have plenty of options to work with and the prices aren’t all that bad.

http://www.azdencorp.com/shop/customer/home.php?cat=36

Don’t buy them from there for there you pay the full clip. I would look at B & H Photo. They are very reputable and have pretty good prices. In fact I noticed your other post regarding where to buy equipment and here again I would go to B & H.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/

Be very wary of website out there that offer super cheap prices. This has been talked about a lot on this forum and 99% of the time they are rip-offs. If you have a question regarding a website check them out on this link to see how they rank. http://www.resellerratings.com/find.pl

RAM

Inactive

dont buy the gl2 they stink unless u plan on getting a firestone 2 go with it the tape deck is bad

Participant

I have to second using BH Photo – great place to get your stuff.

Is there something in particular about the GL2 that is swaying your purchase?
      I don’t have any real issue against the GL2 – I would recommend looking at somethign a little newer, since the GL2 hasn’t been updated in a long while. I was debating between that and the Panasonic AG-DVC30 and went with that. It was a lot cheaper anyway Panasonic has a rebate going on right now (so does Canon) that makes it relatively inexpensive.

Not to stir up a debate, but macsrule10 alluded to a problem with the tape deck. There are a number of people voicing similar complaints with the Canon cameras where the tape deck will fail – I had a Canon camera fail with the same problem)

Having said all that, NAB is later this month, and that is when a lot of companies announce new products. When I see a lot of rebates going on, it makes me suspect that some new models are in the works. I am waiting until later this month to make up my mind on a new camera.

Hope this helps!

Inactive

macsrule10 Wrote:

dont buy the gl2 they stink unless u plan on getting a firestone 2 go with it the tape deck is bad

I don’t think you need to blast the camera that bad. You need to keep in perspective that at one time the GL2 was a very popular camera and that there were a lot of them sold out there. Maybe even more than others but I’m not going to debate that because I think Sony is slowly passing them up. At the time, the reason this camera was so popular was because it had a lot of great features and the price was right for a 3 chip camera.

Yes there is a known issue regarding the cassette decks and yes you see a lot of complaints but maybe the reason you see so many complaints is because that’s how many cameras are out there. To be perfectly honest with you, any camera can fail at any given time. Video cameras are very complicated and sometimes things just happen.

RAM

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap