cannot capture

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

Greetings!

I’m having a very frustrating problem, and hope someone can offer a suggestion. I just installed a firewire card so I could capture from a camcorder (new to me, but a few years old – Panasonic ag-ez30).

My device manager indicates that the card is working properly. However, when I try to capture I get the message “No video capture driver is installed on this system or no device is connected”. I’ve checked and re-checked my connections. Uninstalled and re-installed my drive. Turned off and on my computer. Done all this and more all day.

Would appreciate any suggestions.

Sincerely,

Inactive

You could try using another Firewire cable, or another port…

Inactive

compusolver Wrote:

PS – I just now picked up that this is a “new”, used camera. It is entirely possible that its firewire port has gone bad (that could be why it was sold!). I personally, have gone 0:4 on used camera successes (I have yet to buy one that worked properly).

:'( oh, not nice… not nice at all!

Inactive

What kind of editing software are you using for this firewire? Also if it doesnt make a sound when you turn on ur video camera when the firewire is in it, then it is not ready to capture

Inactive

Greetings!:

Thank you for your replies/concern. I’ve been away this weekend, that’s why I haven’t replied.

I’m using Ulead DVDWorkshop2 to capture, my os is XP. I’m trying to find another firewire device so I can test my card and cable. Also, found out a possible problem. I did a google and found out that some others have been unable to capture from a Panosonic Camcorder when using XP.

So that’s where I am right now. Q: If I have to go with a different camcorder: can I capture from a second camcorder loaded with the tape shot in the Panasonic? (I don’t see why I couldn’t, but the way things have been going, I wan’t to make sure πŸ˜‰ )

Again, thanks for your input….and for any more suggestions you may have,

Inactive

Compusolver:

Thank you for your reply. My oversight. I did read all your post, and tested it – finding that I got no response from xp when connecting the camera..simply forgot to mention that.

I tried something I’d already done…uninstal and re-instal…and this time it worked. Why? I don’t know, but just glad it works now.

Thanks again for your input and concern.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap