Candle burned viewfinder vx1000

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

Hey, thanks for reading.
      I’ve been filming yesterday with my VX1000 in a darkened room with a candle.
      Looking at what I filmed on my TV, I noticed 3 small dots on the tape, and on the camera view.
      It appears I’ve burned my viewfinder.

Besides feeling really bad about it, what can I do?
      Can it be repaired? What would it typically cost?
      Or is it so costly I better get a new one?

Any tips on how to prevent this from happening again is VERY welcome πŸ™‚ My manual only mentioned looking into the sun, but from what I could read online, its the positive difference between temperature going in and out the camera (even if powered off)
      which, depending on time and source, burns the electronics and makes permanent little splotches on my beloved camera.

Thanks again for reading, any feedback is much welcome!

Thomas Lapperre
      Den Helder, Netherlands

Anonymous
      Inactive

Pffffeeewww. I just cleaned the lens and viewfinder again and hoped for the best, and the splotches were gone. Either they weren’t permanent or I mistook it for dustparticles which came on the lens or viewfinder when it fell (lousy tripod and then bad handling by me)

Still any feedback on if it s possible to burn your viewfinder with a candle is much welcome.

Anonymous
      Inactive

I actually have never had that happen to me. And I mostly shoot Bar Mitzvahs with extended “Candling Lighting” Ceremonies…. So I wouldn’t worry about it.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Consumer Camcorders’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

The best 360 cameras available β€” 2021

360-degree video is a brand new medium driven by new 360 camera technology. However, its immersive qualities create unique technological challenges.
homicide-bootstrap

Giveaway

THE ESSENTIAL VLOGGING TOOLKIT

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.