Can you save titles with transitions as a template in premiere pro?

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Technique Editing Can you save titles with transitions as a template in premiere pro?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi,

Is it possible to save a still title in PPro CS3 with certain transitions?

I use crossfade effect for name captions. Although I have a template for the title, I need to apply the effect manually every time to the beginning and end of the title…

It is time consuming if you are using the template over and over again…

So if I can save the title template with the transition already applied, this would make life easier…

Thanks for any thoughts…

chuckengels
      Participant

You don’t know what the title will be transitioning from/to, so how would you save the transition unless it was only one sided. If that is the case you can keyframe a fade in and/or fade out and save that with the title by exporting the video. You can save the title as a title file, but it won’t have all of the keyframes or anything else along with it.

You can save a title in Premiere Elements with the menu option; File/Export/Title, not sure if it is the same in Pro and I don’t have Pro on this computer to check.

Anonymous
      Inactive

You don’t know what the title will be transitioning from/to, so how would you save the transition unless it was only one sided.

The title template I use is basically a background banner with text on it that needs to be changed every time… Name captions…

PPro title function is doing a good job to make use of templates. However my titles need transitions every time, a fade in/out effect like TV captions, and I have to apply the effect manually every time.

Imagine having 20 titles in one sequence… That is 40 drag and drops…

chuckengels
      Participant

That’s video editing. If you have to change the text then you have to create a new title.

You can copy the attributes of the title and save them as a preset. as long as the title is the same length every time you can then apply the preset and have your fade in and out automatically applied. There is a tutorial on presets at muvipix.com that would be good, not sure if it is free or not though.

Read up on saving presets, that should help.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Editing’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

Camera Support Buyer's Guide

The best advanced camera support for video — 2021

While the camera will always be at the core of your production setup, using the best camera support is vital in getting smooth cinematic shots.
homicide-bootstrap

Giveaway

THE ESSENTIAL VLOGGING TOOLKIT

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.