Can you add audio selection menu to DVD Architect?

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Technique Editing Can you add audio selection menu to DVD Architect?

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Is there a way to add multiple audio choices in DVD architect per the video you watch? I would like to have 1 disc made up that could play back my project in 5.1 and also in stereo. For the most part playing back a 5.1 disc in a stereo device works OK but it is far from perfect, especially if you isolate the center channel in the 5.1 version – this will not play back if you play it through a stereo device.

Why do I need to do this? I like to master everything I have in 5.1 – but the show I am working on can only be broadcast in stereo at this time. Having both versions available would save discs and I would never worry about having the correct versions whenever I wish to share.

Participant

DVD Architect Pro 5.2 can do multiple sound tracks providing you with tracks for different languages or commentary. One could assume that you couldrepurpose this for your use.

Manual here and go to chapter 9 for the details.

http://sony-695.vo.llnwd.net/dspcdn/manuals/dvdarchitectpro52_manual_enu.pdf

Participant

Thanks for the info to help ADD a track. That almost seemed too simple. I have not compiled the disc yet, but I assume once it is playing you can use the audio function of the player to switch tracks.

HOWEVER is there a way to place those options straight on the disc menu graphically like a “setup” tab you typically see on commercial DVDs? I have been poking around and don’t see an option in the software (probably missing it) and the manual only describes how to add multiple tracks.

Participant

Chapter 4 Create a Menu Based Project points you to page 115 for button configurations/settings. Page 116 talks about how to set audio track through buttons.

I hope this helps.

Participant

Thanks again! Will look for it.

Participant

Worked good enough for me, just added 2 buttons for the play all instead of the one (one listed Dolby Digital 5.1, the other listes as 2CH Stereo). I think it is time to watch all the Vegas Pro training videos again now that I have been using it about a year.

• Viewing 5 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap