Can the TM700 be used as a WebCam?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Phillip
      Participant

I’m considering purchasing a TM700, and I’d like to be able to use it as a webcam.

As far as I can tell from the specs, the TM700 has a USB port but no FireWire port. In a videomaker article on choosing a WebCam, it says if you have a FireWire port you’re good to go. But no mention is made of USB ports.

Can you run this camera as a WebCam over a USB connection?

Luis Maymi Lopez
      Participant

Hello Phillip, the USB the camcorder has is to transfer the video data to your computer. Like you mentioned with Firewire you are good to go, but to use the webcam with a USB port you need something like the EasyCAP. With this device you connect the composite cables of your camcorder, install the software included and it should identify it as a webcam. I bought this device a long time ago and it had serve its purpose (using a camcorder as a webcam), although the maximum resolution it capture is 720×480 and the installation (in Windows) is a little tedious, but for the price it work decently. There must be other more devices for this, but this is the only one I had used. Search Google for “USB video adapter”, it should give you a few ideas.

XTR-91
      Participant

Not really, I mean not through USB anyway.

You can get a component (or composite) card for computer. If you get a component card (component’s only video), you’ll need an RCA to 1/8″ for pc’s mic input

focusp

The Livestream Broadcaster box has an HDMI input so you could connect the TM700 that way.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Consumer Camcorders’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap

Giveaway

THE ESSENTIAL VLOGGING TOOLKIT

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.