Can the Canon Rebel T2i get the job done?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      jtorres2181
      Participant

Hey, I am new to videography, and I am looking into buying a camera. I was going to buy a traditional HD camcorder like the Canon Vixia hf S200,but keep hearing that this Canon rebel T2i is a great buy for a great price. The rebel is in my budget range, so I’m wondering should I get it? or is there something better out there for the around the same price. I am not on a professional level yet, so I’m just looking for something that takes great HD video. Any suggestions for that price range?

Anonymous
      Inactive

I purchased the T2I for video, and I can say i’m very impressed. my one thing id that it is much better suited to short film projects versus live events / roaming around and filming. the picture is magnificently clear, and in a situation where you don’t have to worry about focus, it shines.

XTR-91
      Participant

I’ve never used a DSLR, but have watched a lot of their footage. They may not be the most practical things, however, in terms of video. A lot of their manual options are pretty limited, but, the footage recorded by them seemed very impressive.

“I’m just looking for something that takes great HD video”

Then that’s probably the one you’re looking for. But if you’re a run around the place consumer, then it’s not the right camera for you. If you’re a pro starting out, then you’ve got nothing to lose with the T2i.

jtorres2181
      Participant

Thanks this was really helpful, both of you make a great point in regards to the “live events” and “run around the place consumer.” Idefinitelywill be doing more live events than just still shots, so I’m probably better off going with a traditional camcorder. Thank you.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The forum ‘DSLR’s’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

Best Products of the Year — 2019

2019 has seen fantastic new equipment for video production, but with a world of options at your disposal, which is the best? We carefully evaluated each new product, emphasizing its innovation, value compared to its direct competition, and its...
homicide-bootstrap

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.

Giveaway

THE ESSENTIAL VLOGGING TOOLKIT

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN