CAN NOT EXPORT!!

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

OMG!!!! This is making me frigin nuts!!!!! I have a 1 hour 28 min project that I am trying to get to a Dual layer DVD. I have tried exporting as and AVI, MPEG2 and right to DVD. When I try to go to DVD the encoding seems to stop at 35%. When Trting to export to MPEG2 I get a failed to return video frame error. When I go to AVI I get the same kind of errors. I left it run over night at it was still at 0.35% another time at 35.01%. After looking intoit I found that it was saving on my F drive which did not have enough space. i changed it to my E drive which has more then enough space. I don’t know guys!! I can see why people like Final Cut and MAC. This can make you jump off of roof!!! Any help out there??

Participant

Sounds like you might have a blank spot on your timeline. Check the entire timeline for any blank areas and fill them in with something, even black video will do.

Inactive

Just the video portions??

Participant

Hmm, I’d like to help, but you’re not giving much information.

You said you tried exporting an AVI, but what kind of AVI? That’s like saying, “I bought ice cream.” Well what kind of ice cream? So what codec is the AVI encoded with?

What are your export settings?

What software – NLE and DVD Authoring

Participant

This is the Adobe forum Robert, so we are talking one of the Adobe NLE products, Premiere Pro or Elements, doesn’t matter.

And when talking Adobe NLE and AVI we are always talking about DV.

NLCCOM, Check the entire timeline for any blank spot, even one missing frame can cause this problem, Video Only as a blank area of audio will not cause this problem.

Inactive

Yeah! I looked real close at the time line and there were some gaps.I corrected the problem and I started the burn process. It got up to 33.13% and now is moving real real real slow. Is this because it’s a bigger file since I am buring to Dual layer Disc? It didn’t freez yet so i guess thats good.

Participant

Oh sorry. I always just check the “LatestDiscussions” section and it never says which topic the threads are in, and I never noticed it at the top. sorry.

Participant

No need to appologize Robert, always nice to see people trying to help others πŸ™‚ After using Adobe software for so long it just becomes second nature.

NLCCOM, depending on your system specs it can take up to 4 times the length of the video to encode and burn to DVD.

The first part is menu creation, that goes really fast, then the encoding starts. for a 1.5 hour movie it should probaly take at least 45 minutes on a fast machine (Quad Core).

On my 3.0ghz P4 it would take over 3 hours, you be the judge. If it isn’t giving you any errors then you are doing fine, let us know if it finishes ok πŸ™‚

Inactive

Hummm. I don’t know. It’s 4 hours later and it’s only up to 33.37%. I smell something wrong

Inactive

Okay. Got a transcoding error. Geezzzzzzzz!!!!!!!

Inactive

That happened to me, but i was using Encore. It would freeze at 99.7%… And like it was 2:00AM and i needed the DVD for the morning! Well, i just used the MICROSOFT DVD MAKER, and well, that worked.. hahaha

Well, i really don’t know how that can actually help you, but i thought that would make you feel better.

=D

Participant

Take the first 2 minutes of your project, delete everything else and save that as a new project.

Try buring the 2 minute project to a DVD so you can see if it is the project, the software, the burner, or what might be causing the problem.

My guess is that there is still something wrong with the project, but it could just mean you need a burner firmware update. Transcoding errors happen for a bunch of reasons,

One other thing to try now, can you export the whole project to AVI? If that works you can add the AVI to a new project and it should burn just fine. Sometimes that is easier than trying to find the problem in the current project.

Inactive

Hi, all.. just thought I’d jump in here. I have had a similar thing going on while transcoding a 3-menu 6-timeline project through the Adobe CS3 suite.

I’d get an error stating that the last frame of one of the timelines had this same video frame Error report. The last frame. I was trying to fade to black at the end of each timeline, and have a long music fade out, but Premiere Pro didn’t like that.

I remember years ago having a similar problem when I was editing on Avid, only the situation was called audio underrun error. The timeline doesn’t like having audio-only, I think. So I just added some black video to one of the timelines
      and re-inserted it into Encore. Then it began to transcode again, and stopped when it attempted to transcode the next timeline. So tonight I’m going to revisit the tail end of each timeline, and lay some black to cover enough of the
      audio fade and see if that’s the fix.I’m glad to read this thread, it confirms what I thought might be my problem.

Inactive

I don’t think anyone likes getting a meaningless error. Any part of your video may have an error in it. 99% of the time, I’ve found the error is sitting right there on the timeline. Try scooting parts around and try rendering small parts at a time until you hit the problem.

One thing that comes to mind is…why are you burning dual layer? This should sit comfortably on a single layer disc.

Participant

NLCCOM, Looks like you have plenty of help here.

If you need me I can be found most anytime at Muvipix.com

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap