Can i pay to get a dvd edited?

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Hi there. Could anyone tell me where i can get some dvd’s edited. What sort of places do you get this done? Any specific internet sites can do this for me? Thanks lads. Sln.

Participant

You need to be more specific – I assume you are talking about footage you have shot yourself.

What exactly do you have and what is the final product you are looking for?

Participant

Hi birdcat, thanks for your reply. Basically i have a wildlife dvd (a genuine dvd i bought in the shop) and i want to cut some scenes out of the dvd and upload them onto the computer. Then ideally i want a large flat screen monitor (completely seperateof the computer)and somehow tobe able to send one of the wildlife scenes from the computer to the flat screen monitor. Otherwise maybe just use aUSB memory stick and transfer data from computer to flat screen that way.

Would you know about any of this birdcat? I would really appreciate any advice you could offer me. My email address is stevekerr101@hotmail.com

Thanks in advance. Steve.

Participant

Hi Steve –

Legally you’re not allowed to work with footage you don’t have the rights to – however if you bought the DVD and want to copy sections for personal use only, I don’t see anyone coming after you.

You might find someone willing to do that for you but you could do it yourself – Get a non-linear editor (NLE) on your computer (Sony Vegas, Avid Media Composer, Adobe Premier, Apple Final Cut, etc.. – all good ones), capture the clips you want, place them on the timeline, render out to MPEG-2, burn to a DVD and viola. It really is not very difficult.

I don’t have time right now for more details but if you look around on these forums you’ll find some excellent tips.

Participant

Thats great. Thanks very much for your help.

Participant

One other option to capture the DVD is to use some kind of DVD ripper program. iSkysoft has inexpensive software available to create various files from all or part of a DVD. I use it regularly, and the quality seems to be better than capturing with an NLE. You might even be able to avoid using an NLE at all.

Participant

fcp, adobe cs4 may help u

Participant

Most wedding video shops will do it as they generally have a much smaller care for copyright laws than those in the video production industry. They are usually a fraction of the cost as well.

Participant

Basically, if the software supports editing of the MPEG-2 format, you should be able to import the .VOB (or “.VRO” if I’m mistaken) directly from the disk drive of the DVD.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best new video tech at CES 2019

Every year, we head to CES to check out the latest innovations in consumer technology and look for the next big thing in video production. CES 2019 was no exception.
homicide-bootstrap