Can I export as “.dv” within PPro CS3?

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Technique Editing Can I export as “.dv” within PPro CS3?

• This topic has 2 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 12 years ago by AvatarAnonymous.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

Hi,

I am working with a client who broadcasts footage in .dv format… Apparently this is what their playout system works with.

At the moment, due to file transfer time deadlines and size limits, I am sending my files as mpeg… avi takes ages to send thru FTP.

The files are 15-20 minute long and for actual TV broadcast…

However, they then need to convert it into their .dv format to be able to play it out…

Now:

1- I know I’m losing quality when I export as mpeg, but is there any further loss when they convert into .dv?

2- Does Premiere Pro CS3 support .dv? Is there any way that I can export the project as a .dv file within Premiere Pro to avoid any further quality loss?

3- Also, any other suggestions to export the footage with a better qualkity is more than welcome.

Here are the export settings I use for Adobe Media Encoder:

FORMAT: MPEG2
      TV STANDARD: PAL
      FRAME SIZE: 720×576
      FRAME RATE: 25
      FIELD ORDER: NON PROGRESSIVE
      PIXEL ASPECT RATIO: 16:9 (1.422)
      PROFILE: MAIN
      LEVEL: MAIN
      BITRATE ENCODING: CBR 8Mbps
      GOP SETTINGS: M FRAMES 3 – N FRAMES 12

Thanks for all the thoughts…

Regards

Participant

Instead of going to Export>Media Encoder, go to Export>Movie, select DV AVI and check the properties from there.

Participant

I am not sure that broadcast .DV format and DV-AVI are the same thing.

.DV in some cases refers to a variation of the Apple .MOV format, really need to get some specs from the client.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best stock video sites — 2021

Stock video sometimes gets a bad wrap in the filmmaking community. In reality, however, we see stock video used every day in any number of applications. Below, you'll find our selections for the best places to look for stock...
homicide-bootstrap