Can Anyone Recommend A DVD Recorder?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I’m still looking for a replacement for my Sony RDRGX7 DVD recorder. It is a stand alone unit and it records in DVD-R. It has a little less comptibility than I’d like but the main thing is it adds an annoying title menu to the beginning of every DVD it records. You can’t get around it. You have to press play a second time to get DVDs to play. I’m looking for something that records in DVD-R because I’ve heard that is a little more compatible with other players (correct me if I’m wrong).
      Can anyone suggest a stand alone DVD rcorder?
      Thank You!

Participant

I have a similar request. I purchased an Edirol NLE at the VideoMaker East Expo in New Jersey last month and I am looking for an external DVD burner that has simple menu creation capability. The material is for broadcast on our local cable public access channel and maximum image quality is essential.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Participant

BillM Wrote:

I have a similar request. I purchased an Edirol NLE at the VideoMaker East Expo in New Jersey last month and I am looking for an external DVD burner that has simple menu creation capability. The material is for broadcast on our local cable public access channel and maximum image quality is essential.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Check out the Toshiba RDXS34. I just found out about it. The title menu is optional and it looks like it will do what we want. They even have telephone tech support, and when I called an American human actually answered the phone and answered all my questions!!! Amazing!! The Toshiba website is http://www.tacp.toshiba.com and the tech support phone number is 800 319-6684.
      I’m ordering one today.

Participant

The one I like is the JVC SR-DVM70US Pro 3-in-1 Digital Video Recorder.
      However, it is very expensive. On Amazon.com this DVR lists for $1,400.00.

BillM

Participant

Does pretty much everyone here use an external device? I’ve just used the Pioneer drives on my Macs for the past few years, and they’ve worked great (except for the whole +R -R fiasco). The burner on my G5 is flawless.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap