Cameras for Marketing Business

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Hello!

I work for a company that does B2B marketing. We host several conferences/seminars and would like to record these and also client testimonials for our website. The current camera we have, a Sony Super Steady Shot HDR-SR10 is just not cutting it in terms of audio. I know it is standard to use mics for far away shots, such as conferences and seminars, if you are trying to get quality audio of the disucssion. As it is mostly our sales team that travels to the conferences, it would be too complicated for them to have to worry about setting up mics and making sure they work before the presentations. Is there a good HD camera out there that has great built in mics? If we do have a camera with sensitive mics, would this mean we would most likely hear the audience coughing or moving louder than the speakers? We want to use these videos for youtube, blog, website, etc. They will most likely not be on a TV. Please provide with some camera comparisions including prices. Thank you!

Participant

You can get an external shotgun mic that will help with those “far away” shots – Sony has ones with smartshoe’s made for Sony camcorders that will recognize when you zoom in and narrow the mic’s pattern accordingly.

See here: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/367193-REG/Sony_ECMHGZ1.html

Participant

Will that work with the camera I have? Also, would that pick up audio noise? Someone recommended wireless lavs

Participant

I should also mention that we’ll most likely end up buying a different camcorder, so if there is a better quality camcorder with shotgun mic, please recommend. We use Final Cut Pro to edit.

Participant

As a rule. the closer you get the mic to the source the better the sound – Shotguns are ok when you cannot get one close enough but a lav would be better.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best lights for video production — 2021

Lighting needs run the gamut, from huge budget productions to small, DIY vloggers, and there’s something for every niche. This article will explain what to think about before buying lights and provide a list of the best video lights currently on the market.
homicide-bootstrap