Camera video feed extender

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

I have a job coming up and I’m going to run 2 to 3 cameras in a large church service live to a projector.

I need to run the video feeds from the cameras to a switcher that will be from 50 to 200 feat away.
      I have no idea how to run the camera feeds. Do I use the fire-wire output? Video over cat5 extender? Or maybe just the standard composit out with a booster?

And how about a switcher? Should I use a videonics firewire switcher? I’ve also heard of a way to use pc based software with capture cards to do live mixing.

I’m a little over my head here.

Thanks for your help.
      Garrette Baird

Inactive

You could do FireWire extensions or FW to Cat5, but honestly composite is simplest. Mix your cameras, then take the output (I use an old MX20 for this type project) and send it SVHS (under 100 feet) or Composite to the screen.

I have the gear, if you’re in PA let me know

Inactive

Yeah that sounds good, but I am worried about signal degradation using composite 100 to 200 feet away from the recorder.
      Thanks
      Garrette

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best Nikon lenses — 2021

Nikon cameras are a favorite for DSLR shooters. Nikon has their own line of lenses, but there are also some third-party options available for both F mounts and Z mounts. Here are the best Nikon lenses currently available on the...
homicide-bootstrap