Camera recommendations

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Inactive

Well, we lost our GL2 in a river a couple of weeks ago in a pinned kayak and luckily had insurance on it. The insurance company is covering the cost of the GL2. I opted for the cash payment instead of replacement.

My questions is: I love the GL2 and it is small enough, but ultimately can be a pain in a whitewater kayak on long trips. Are any of the smaller newer models even comparible in quality? I noticed that some smaller 3ccd cameras are <$1000. I haven’t had much experience with anything other than my good old gl2. Any recommendations would be much appreciated.

thanks in advance,
      -joel decker
      http://www.fluidgrooveproductions.com

Participant

Oh, you have to go with a sony A1U. It shoots both SD as well as HDV, so whatever format you are looking for it will cover your bases. This camera is very small, but with remarkably good image stabilization. The camera uses a CMOS chip, which creates amazing outdoor pictures. I have owned a GL2, and looking at the outdoor stuff from the A1U there is no comparison, in SD or HDV modes. I shoot with a sony FX1 because of the demand I have for good pictures in lower lighting situations, which the A1U is not as good at. But the A1U does, in my opinion a better job outdoors even than the FX1 and Z1U I have used. Best of all, you can get a sony $500 rebate from the A1U right now, which makes it right at $2000.00 Let me know what you decide to go with.

Later
    ~Adam

• Viewing 1 reply thread
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap