Camera Phones

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

So aside from all these high-tech cameras that people have been using in films and other video-making jobs, I think the camera phone will be the next big wave of new gadgets for videographers. The reason I say this is because I’m working with Nokia in support of the Young Lions Film Competition, and the contestants shot their videos using a phone. The quality of these videos are getting better, and I think eventually people will use camera phones as a method of shooting videos. Here’s a video that Team UK shot for the competition with a phone: http://share.ovi.com/media/YoungLions2008.public/YoungLions2008.10104

Participant

Ha, yes! This is right up my alley. I’d love to make a feature film on a camera phone or my hand-sized Aiptek MZ-DVR. and put it in theatres. I’m not sure why people get all wigged out about whether to go buy a whole new camera just to shoot HD. It’s just HD! These guys are making movies on their cell phones!

Thanks, VidMakesMe. Nice to know someone else thinks like me.

I started ona feature with my MZ-DVRat the beginning ofthis year, but like all most new years resolutions, I got busy and quit. Now, I’m just making a short film starring my brother using all the freeware I can get to do all my 3D animation, Special Effects, editing, etc.

Participant

Hey Chris,

Does your Aiptek MZ-DVR have a mic input? I have a little Aiptek and it doesn’t. Shoots a great picture, but no focus ring, no audio inputs and little control of it. I use it to grab shots when I don’t have my pro camera.

Got a pix of yours?

J.

Participant

Exactly. No mic input, no focus ring, just a pretty nice on-camera mic(pretty nice being a realtive term) for what I need it for. I could put a pix up of mine, but what would I take the picture with? LOL. I’ll see what i can do. Might be the same camera as yours.

Participant

speaking of cell phone movies, I found an internet freeware that can edit the video format cell phones use. keep an eye on my freeware blog. The freeware is called Avidemux.

Makes you wonder where the future of video is going. LOL

Inactive

I’d love to see cell phone cameras come up to speed; better resolution would be fantastic

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Hand-held Stabilizers Buyer's Guide

Best camera stabilizers for video — 2020

A camera stabilizer lets you capture smooth shots without sacrificing freedom of movement. Here’s a look at the best handheld stabilizers available today.
homicide-bootstrap