Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews › Forums › Cameras and Camcorders › Other Camcorders › Camera Backpack??
- This topic has 3 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 15 years, 2 months ago by Anonymous.
- January 20, 2005 at 10:05 AM #42166AnonymousInactive
Does anyone reconmend a backpack for carring, say, a small minidv camera?
I want to do some backcountry filming, so the backpack has to hold up to the natural elements. I will be using my back up camera, a Sony DCH85 video camera. Thanks in advance.
- January 20, 2005 at 12:48 PM #177500TomScratchParticipant
Go to a store with a lot of backpacks, one that won’t mind you tearing into 5 or 10 backpacks to see how your equipment fits. I like to put my camera into its case, then the case into the backpack. I pillow the backpack with folded towels at the bottom, sometimes the sides. If you do touring in the third world, it’s not a bad thing to cruise around in your grungy beat up backpack containing a $3K Canon or Sony. I happen to be going to a black tie event tonight as the vdeo guy, with my gear in backpacks!
REGARDS … TOM
- February 6, 2005 at 5:49 AM #177501
- February 6, 2005 at 8:38 AM #177502AnonymousInactive
A company called Petrol has some very nice cases/backpacks. Here is the link:
I know that B&H Photo sells them.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.