camcorders i need help deciding please

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

i need a new camcorder, by the time i get my 2000 jvc fixed it will cost as much a s a newone. i thought iwas sure on the new mini dvd one from sony, but after reading im not so sure. searching for a good camcorder is pulling hairs grr. ive been to all the other sites and ivestill got no where.

im looking to get good quality, at agood price ,to record pets, family, vacations etc . and then burning then to dvd thru a stand alone recorder if that s possible

what would be better a mini dv with a dvd recorder or just get a dvd camcorder?

im stumped/ ss

Inactive

Whats your price range?

Inactive

cfulton Wrote:

Think of a DVD camcorder like a modern version of a VHS-C camcorder–you shoot, pop it into your set-top player and you’re watching what you just shot.

Brilliant! πŸ˜‰

Inactive

thank for replies, i have a jvc drdm5 mini dv ,that is messed up , and by the time i pay to see whats wrong and fix it , i can buy anew one bout same price. i paid 1,200 bucks for it back in 1999 lol. price range is not that important , i just want a good camcorder , but i have to allow for dvd recorder purchase too ,cause im buying them at same time.

speaking of dvd recorders is there one in particular thats good or bad?? i do want one maybe with memory card slots, but if to expensive maybe not. ,

Inactive

I’m in the same boat as you, but I’m hoping I can hold out long enough to check out the new hard-drive based systems that JVC is releasing this fall: http://www.camcorderinfo.com/content/JVC-Introduces-Four-Hard-Drive-Based-Everio-Camcorders.htm

TheDVshowTheDVshow
      Participant

Depends on what you want to use your camcorder for…Hobby? Business? Film making?

The May 29th Podcast of The DV Show could probably help you decide what camcorder to choose:

http://www.thedvshow.com/2005/05/dv-show-podcast-for-may-22-2005.html

Participant

“…hoping I can hold out long enough to check out the new hard-drive based systems that JVC is releasing this fall… “

I too drolled over these new JVC’s, but think a bout it: after filling up a 30GB hard drive, where do you store it so that you can edit it (if possible) and then be able to shoot more? You’d need a h u g e hard drive to store 30 plus hours of video….

I’d be leary of ‘putting all my eggs (video( in one basket (hard drive)”. Its why I opted for 4 1 GB CF cards for my Nikon as opposed to one 4GB Microdrive… but hey..whadda I know…

Doc

Inactive

I too drolled over these new JVC’s, but think a bout it: after filling up a 30GB hard drive, where do you store it so that you can edit it (if possible) and then be able to shoot more? You’d need a h u g e hard drive to store 30 plus hours of video….

The camera shoots to MPEG-2, so you get 1GB per hour instead of 13GB per hour of AVI. Oh, and MPEG-2 is almost impossible to edit with.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best video monitors β€” 2021

We rely on our video monitors to show us an accurate representation of our images throughout the production process. Here are some of the best video monitors currently on the market.
homicide-bootstrap