Camcorders for Wedding Shoots

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

hi sir im new to this forum and i have spent a lot of time reading the posts on the different cams and i see your point of choosing the vx2100 the stats look to back up what you say. and if you don’t mind me brown nosing a little i respect your opinions. i lucked up on a $2900 windfall, but my $2900 buget just got chopped down to $1850 and now i just recieved a call that my $1800 is going to get hit again. if you don’t know the deal well i’m the man but she’s the boss.i really wanted that vx2100 but what good is haveing the cam i want and being homeless? i don’t even know if im in the right place to be asking but i see this cam (ag-dvc7) on e-bay and if god and she is willing then i think i can survive the budget crunch to bid on this one. question being well i have two. i have been asked to do two weddings this summer and could this cam get me through at least till this fall or i hit the lottery,or till i can build back my stash (this time i’ll keep my big mouth shut) or should i just tell the newlys i can’t do it and hold out for the vx2100? and second is there that big a difference from the vx2000 and vx2100. i had a little cheapie cannon 65v i did shoot a wedding in maui and i must say compared to what the newlys paid (they really won’t tell me) for the pros and what i gave them, the party that came along and also the ones that couldn’t have been giving me (the wife) $100 for the disc thanks to the mother of the bride (i made it a two disc set) the only thing i can see and was told about mine verses the pros is the picture quailty of the ten min disc they produced. i better shut up now, but you can place your last dime sir that i will be the fly that just won’t go away for i have no shame in asking for knowledge! oh boy i think i just wrote a book! any feedback i will take and use. thank you sir and god bless. "BUB"

Participant

i want to thank you so much mr comp and my first plan is to do like it was mentioned in previous posts to just take a donation for service. i will give them three disc,one for the bride and one a piece for his and her family but they want more i will have to charge for them and i planned to get two of the c7’s, i saw a pair on e-bay (which i never tried before) my mother used to say son you have to crawl before you can walk! and mrs bub did finnaly start to feel sorry for me but that was after another hit on my budget i’m down to $1200 but the opening bid was $375 for one so im going to go for it and place a bid for $450 a piece and mrs bub actuly is going to let me increase the bid up to $1500 which would be 750 a piece she thinks thats high but i showed her the one you have which is the one i really wanted and i guess she saw a man-child waiting for santa at christmas eve. so we will see how it goes. these are people from my church and they had got quotes of 2-3k which they said they couldn’t afford, so i think if i explain it to them very carfully i shouldn’t have any complants. but two should get me started i hope, till i can grow into having at least four and some other goodies i seen and want. well i better get to the e-bay site to learn how that goes so i don’t mess a possable good deal, i wouldn’t even consider it if i didn’t see you getting that fx practicly handed to you. i hope it’s working well for you too! im going at this profession because i got so many complaments from some of the work i did for people and im tired of being out here on the road like right now im stuck in newark nj of all places and i only live maybe a good 40-50 miles from here (would go home but the tolls are $40bucks she would take that out of my budget haha.) im only looking for it to bring in a few extra $$ but if it grows i’ll take it and i want to go to school so i will not be preying knowledge from you so much but i thank you so much ! "BUB"

Participant

hey thanks for showing me the difference of the two. i mean turn up the lights for the c7, now the one question comes to mind will it take like holywood studio lights to bring up the quality in the c7 ? i do know that the one church im shooting at has several of the halogen lights they use for filming service and i can use them. so for indoors i will have to invest in plenty of light? thanks agian i guess it would be safe to call you my video angel haha (it depends who i ask huh) and as far as your post about not being a jay leno i say no but you do bring a smille to the site ! X-D he has writers and also watch that caffine will hurt you sir be carfull 😯

Participant

thanks for the good tip and you won’t have worry about me, im so poor that if you were to rob me, you would just be practicing haha. as a matter of fact if i was poor i would be comming up in the world my funds have me being in the "po" class i can’t even aford the "or" but seriously i thank you for that, but i had posted one bid a little higher than the first one somebody posted. but i do have a little more $ i can go higher but it said some thing about a dutch auction and i guess i can’t bid anymore till somebody tops me (i really don’t have a clue as to what im doing there) im just leaving it to god to make it happen but your secrets could help in the long run. i did see two others interested in it but they haven’t bidded yet. well i allow myself to ask at least one stupid question a day. if you know old tv shows then i say this, it’s like what felix unger said to the court "if you assume you make a a– out of you and me" haha. just gave away my age. but the question, i saw another c7, biding was at 500-700 can’t remember which but the bidding close yesterday and the winning bid was over $4000 im thinking it must be a typo cause why would any one buy a used cam for the price they could get almost two 2100 or even a fx that has my mind boggled even if it did have a mounted light and a 5hr battery. i hope no one jumps on the ones im looking at,with that price. i can’t afford it and i wouldn’t pay that for it! i’d just wait and try for two 2100’s. in saying what i just said, i hope im with in the guide lines of this site i really don’t want to be kick out too much knowledge here for me .
      anyway i now waiting in the charm city of baltimore md. but i will get to look at my house at 70+ mph sometime tonight. it’s in view in the winter from the highway . thanks again video angel haha! mr. compusolver!
      "BUB"

Participant

hi mr. compusolver. i missed out on the c7’s, i got stuck in friday night rush hour traffic and by the time i got online there was or i saw there was 1min left in the bidding but i tried to place a bid which i think i would have won, it said bidding was ended. oh well better luck next time, may be that really wasn’t the cam for me and i couldn’t afford the both so i will take a deep breath and keep looking,, one question for the day is how do i get a feedback score i see some won’t let me bid if i don’t have one, i mean do i have to buy stuff i don’t want or need to get one it allmost makes me feel the way i did when i first tried to get into trucking, i got my license at 19 but couldn’t get job till i was 21 but they wanted 1-2years experience get my drift so any short cut to get some feedback points would be appriecated ! one of my stupid questions of the day bub! im behind a few 😯

Participant

hi gang, im going to double the stupid question of the day. what’s the ratings (in your oppinion) on the sony dcr vx1000? im thinking it must be one of sony’s older models, have not found any info on it or the dcr vx2000. is that a better starter cam or should i keep looking ? just need to know the facts from the pro’s thanks "bub"

Participant

hey mr. compusolver that was a smooth sales pitch and to make it even better i invited it haha! so kudo’s to you and i’ll see if i can scrap up some pennies to purchase that disc , you do take penny’s yes i better click on the link ! will look in to it thanks "bub"

Participant

me again! how about the sony dsr pd150 ? "bub"

Participant

well i had a feel ing that the 1000 was a dinasour and wasn’t to sure about the 150 thought that would be to hard to find parts or whatever for it but like i said if i don’t know then i sure will ask cause if I ASSUME I make a A– out of U and ME, anyway i didn’t think that i lux would really make that big a difference and as i look at the specs of cams i see there aren’t too many out there with that low of a lux rating. but i guess i will keep stashing and waiting for either the 2100 or 170 thanks mr. comp. i guess somewhere in this message there is my stupid question for the day. "BUB"

Participant

hi sir. well with your saying that mr. comp. i guess i’m in the right business for that (travel), although im in the trucking business that will be limited, i only run the east coast, but i did see a couple of deals over on this side of the earth. and yes your right i finally came to grips (no pun intended), with the fact that i have to increase my budget to get the right cams. yes i have to get at least two. i’m really setting my sites on just going to bhphoto and maybe luck up on something used. if not i will wait cause nothing could be worse than to run and jump on something that will not do the job just for the sake of saying i have a semipro.cam. and i know that i will not allways need the lowlight capablities but it would sure be a good thing to have. sorta like i say about my truck, yes it can do over 100+mph. but i don’t use it, but it’s sure nice to know if i need it, it can!

Participant

ohh i push the submit too soon but i thank you for your quick responce and for not making me feel like a jerk! and my stupid question for the day will follow . X-D

Participant

comp, i just filmed a wedding a couple weeks ago and all i could think about was, "man i wish i had a vx2100 or something that can handle lowlight" My cousin asked me to film her wedding so i agreed, then about a week before the ceremony i was informed that it was a candlelight ceremony. I about had a heart attack. I wasn’t very happy. lol. but i had to adapt. I used 2 of my friends Panasonic DVC-60’s (i think) and they didn’t handle the low light very well.

what do you think of HD? i have decided that it is too early to jump into HD because of the format war etc. what are your thoughts?

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best lights for video production — 2021

Lighting needs run the gamut, from huge budget productions to small, DIY vloggers, and there’s something for every niche. This article will explain what to think about before buying lights and provide a list of the best video lights currently on the market.
homicide-bootstrap