Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews › Forums › Technique › Editing › camcorders and my macbook Pro with OS X
- This topic has 3 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 12 years, 10 months ago by Anonymous.
- April 20, 2007 at 1:12 PM #46569AnonymousInactive
are there any cameras that are favored by apple mac owners, cuz of their software compatibility or ease of transfer files or converting files ??
now back to the search…
- April 20, 2007 at 3:54 PM #191927AnonymousInactive
Some hard drive camcorders create AVI files, others make MOV.
As far as converting files goes, using a camcorder which records MOVs (QuickTime) should be the most straightforward. You’ll have to convert AVI’s for good performance in Final Cut Pro.
- April 21, 2007 at 6:09 AM #191928AnonymousInactive
yes hard drive camcorders can be hit and miss, but mini dv’s to my knowlegde are all good to go. I use Sony hdr hc1, and have rented others including gl2s no problems.
- April 22, 2007 at 10:15 AM #191929AnonymousInactive
thanks guys !
yea I had the JVC GX-21u
a great camcorder, and took nice enough stills.
created .MOD files in an mpeg-2 format, that needed to be converted to .MOV files to play with in iMovie or from what I hear, FCSP2
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.