Camcorder+Nikon Lenses

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Which Camcorder body would you all recommend for someone starting in video land? I use a D300- which doesn’t have video unfortunately.

Participant

Panasonic make a camcorder body, it is the AG-AF100 and it goes for about $5,000. I do not know of any other camcorder bodies that go for any less expensive as that one, there may be some though.

Participant

Sony announce the NEX-VG20 body is $1599 It uses their E mount lenses but you can purchase adapters for other lenses.

I have a Nikon D3100 and a Sony NEX VG10 and bought an inexpensive adapter to use my Nikon lenses on the Sony but I thought the results were not that impressive as compared to the native Sony lens. Also you lose some functionality

Participant

If you don’t mind shooting with a camera form factor, the Nikon D7000 could be a good choice for you. It has two SD card slots, an APS-C size sensor, and can shoot in both 24 and 30p all at a fairly inexpensive $1,100.

Your biggest issue by far will be the lack of XLR inputs which you can remedy by buying a BeachTek adapter or the popular Zoom H4N audio recorder. Hope this helps!

Participant

I was also kinda debating getting my hands on a used XL1S and getting my hands on an adapter for SLR lenses/using its kit lens.

Their not that expensive, SLR rigs seem to cost an arm and a leg.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap