Camcorder w/External Sound & good Low-Light picture

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

My JVC mini-dv camcorder died last month and I really don’t want to drop the $200 it’s going to require to fix it. I would really like to find a decent quality but affordable mini-dv camcorder that will allow me ot attach an external microphone. Good low-light would be the second desirable feature. Are there any recommendations out there in the $700-$900 range?

Thanks,
      Randy

Participant

panasonic gs400

Inactive

I noticed that the GS250 has a lower minimum lux rating but both have an external mic jack. Does the GS400 offer any significant advantages over the GS250?

Participant

Yeah, the GS250 has 3 1/6 inch ccd’s and the GS400 has 3 1/4.7 inch ccd’s which means that the image quality of the GS400 should be noticably better than that of the GS250. Also, the 400 has a 12x zoom compared to the 10x of the 250. The chip size is the most important difference though to keep in mind.

Hope that helps
      ~Adam

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best video monitors — 2021

We rely on our video monitors to show us an accurate representation of our images throughout the production process. Here are some of the best video monitors currently on the market.
homicide-bootstrap