camcorder time limit in standby

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

If anyone knows how to trick a camcorder into not shutting down after 5 minutes in standby (without hitting record for a second) I would appreciate that info. I need to set up a camcorder for a remote operation and will have periods of time longer than five minutes between recording but must be able to have the power stay on as I will have no access to the camera during the operation except by remote.
      Thanks for your help

Participant

jcf Wrote:

If anyone knows how to trick a camcorder into not shutting down after 5 minutes in standby (without hitting record for a second)

It depends on the camera. The Sony PD-150 doesn’t shut down if there is a tape in the camera, but the Vx2000 will.

Participant

Thanks, I’m using a Panasonic pv-dv 951D and it shuts down after 5 minutes unless I hit record for about a second. This camera is a test bed for a project I am working on and wo’t necessarily be the one used upon completion. I have it and if I can get by this problem, I can save the money until later.
      Thanks for your reply πŸ˜€

Participant

I know nothing about Panasonic cameras except that I probably won’t ever own one. (I am a die-hard Sony user). Look in the setup menus and see if there’s a menu item for “battery saver” or inactivity timeout.

Participant

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried it, but unfortunately, there is no setting in the menu for that. I guess that I can just try to hit record every 41/2 minutes unless someone can figure something else out. πŸ™

Inactive

WHAT ABOUT THE CANON XL-1 / IS THERE A MENU TO SHUT THAT BITCH OFF / ITS ANNOYING

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best video monitors β€” 2021

We rely on our video monitors to show us an accurate representation of our images throughout the production process. Here are some of the best video monitors currently on the market.
homicide-bootstrap