camcorder time limit in standby

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

If anyone knows how to trick a camcorder into not shutting down after 5 minutes in standby (without hitting record for a second) I would appreciate that info. I need to set up a camcorder for a remote operation and will have periods of time longer than five minutes between recording but must be able to have the power stay on as I will have no access to the camera during the operation except by remote.
      Thanks for your help

Participant

jcf Wrote:

If anyone knows how to trick a camcorder into not shutting down after 5 minutes in standby (without hitting record for a second)

It depends on the camera. The Sony PD-150 doesn’t shut down if there is a tape in the camera, but the Vx2000 will.

Participant

Thanks, I’m using a Panasonic pv-dv 951D and it shuts down after 5 minutes unless I hit record for about a second. This camera is a test bed for a project I am working on and wo’t necessarily be the one used upon completion. I have it and if I can get by this problem, I can save the money until later.
      Thanks for your reply πŸ˜€

Participant

I know nothing about Panasonic cameras except that I probably won’t ever own one. (I am a die-hard Sony user). Look in the setup menus and see if there’s a menu item for “battery saver” or inactivity timeout.

Participant

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried it, but unfortunately, there is no setting in the menu for that. I guess that I can just try to hit record every 41/2 minutes unless someone can figure something else out. πŸ™

Inactive

WHAT ABOUT THE CANON XL-1 / IS THERE A MENU TO SHUT THAT BITCH OFF / ITS ANNOYING

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Best micro four thirds lenses β€” 2021

MFT, or micro four thirds, is a popular mount style used by many manufacturers in conjunction with the micro 4/3 sensor. It’s good to keep in mind that micro four thirds camera systems use a smaller sensor.
homicide-bootstrap