Camcorder Recomendation Request for Club Environment

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums General Video and Film Discussion Camcorder Recomendation Request for Club Environment

• This topic has 3 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 12 years ago by AvatarAnonymous.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

Hello, I am looking to gather recommendations for a camcorder that can shoot well in dark environments – specifically night clubs. I am currently using a small camera with video feature, but it does not produce great results. Here is an example video of the environment and current level of quality: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ve_KvBNWzLs

I am not exactly clear on a price range, because I have seen it all over the place. I am not against spending $3,000, but I have no idea where to start. I am in no way a professional, but I like quality and do not like to work with sub-par stuff. My main concerns are a clear picture in the night club environment and HD functionality. In the future, I assume I will use it for more than just in dark environments – but this is my main concern for now.

Thanks in advance πŸ™‚

Inactive

you want something that is rated for 1 lux or even lower. Sony VX-2100 is really nice in low light, it’s SD, the PD-170 is the big brother to the 2100. for HDV, Sony HC-5, 7 and 9 are 2 lux I believe and the FX1 is 3 lux. i’d recommend that you research the cameras out there, I highly recommend B&H Photo Video.

john

Inactive

Hmm, I am not sure I understand ‘lux’, but I will certainly research its understanding. From reading your input, it sounds like I want a camcorder rated at 1 lux with HD. Do you know of any off-hand? I will do my research, thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

Inactive

What do you think about the Canon XH A1?

I was reading this review, it seems to hail it’s lowlight capabilities. It also supports HD

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap