Camcorder Recomendation Request for Club Environment

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums General Video and Film Discussion Camcorder Recomendation Request for Club Environment

• This topic has 3 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 12 years ago by AvatarAnonymous.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

Hello, I am looking to gather recommendations for a camcorder that can shoot well in dark environments – specifically night clubs. I am currently using a small camera with video feature, but it does not produce great results. Here is an example video of the environment and current level of quality: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ve_KvBNWzLs

I am not exactly clear on a price range, because I have seen it all over the place. I am not against spending $3,000, but I have no idea where to start. I am in no way a professional, but I like quality and do not like to work with sub-par stuff. My main concerns are a clear picture in the night club environment and HD functionality. In the future, I assume I will use it for more than just in dark environments – but this is my main concern for now.

Thanks in advance πŸ™‚

Inactive

you want something that is rated for 1 lux or even lower. Sony VX-2100 is really nice in low light, it’s SD, the PD-170 is the big brother to the 2100. for HDV, Sony HC-5, 7 and 9 are 2 lux I believe and the FX1 is 3 lux. i’d recommend that you research the cameras out there, I highly recommend B&H Photo Video.

john

Inactive

Hmm, I am not sure I understand ‘lux’, but I will certainly research its understanding. From reading your input, it sounds like I want a camcorder rated at 1 lux with HD. Do you know of any off-hand? I will do my research, thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

Inactive

What do you think about the Canon XH A1?

I was reading this review, it seems to hail it’s lowlight capabilities. It also supports HD

• Viewing 3 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best new video tech at CES 2019

Every year, we head to CES to check out the latest innovations in consumer technology and look for the next big thing in video production. CES 2019 was no exception.
    homicide-bootstrap