camcorder recognition in Final Cut Express

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Technique Editing camcorder recognition in Final Cut Express

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

Final Cut Express 3.5 does not recognize my HDR-S11/S12 camcorder. I’ve looked at FCE’s website as well as Sony’s and the Mac forum and can’t get info that has helped resolve the problem. I suspect that I may have to upgrade to FCE 4.0 but don’t want to spent $99 without knowing for sure if that is where the problem lies. Thanks in advance for helping

EarlC

I don’t know Express, but I do use Final Cut Studio from which it is derived. In there, even if a camera model cannot be controled via FireWire, if it is sending a signal out, the signal if it plays can be captured by hand by using Capture Now, instead of controlled digitizing.

Is the signal not getting into your computer at all, or are you simply unable to control the digitizing process? Can you somehow, USB or FireWire or whatever, get the signal through to your software and manually record?

Also, I think Birdcat uses an SR11, but I don’t remember if he is a Vegas user or even cross platform or knows about a FCE/SR11 issue.

Larry
      Participant

Make sure the camera is plugged into an electrial outlet and you are not using just a battery.

Larri

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Editing’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

The best laptops for video editing — 2021

For video editors, finding the perfect portable workstation is like catching a unicorn. It is no easy task to find the perfect balance of performance vs price point.
homicide-bootstrap

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.

Giveaway

THE ESSENTIAL VLOGGING TOOLKIT

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN