Camcorder is broken, how can i copy my tapes to PC

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

Hi,

I have a couple of 8mm tapes that i took with my old sony camcorder. Now the camcorder is broken an i was wondering if there was any way i could transfer the videos to my PC.

Is there any hardware that’s out there that i can use, like a tape drive that i coud plug into my PC just like a CD drive or DVD drive ?

i know that an option would be to buy a new camecorder, but if i buy one today i dont want one with an 8 mm tape, i’ll want to buy something better.

Does anyone have an idea on what’s out there (not too expensive:-)

Thank’s

Inactive

Try this

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=6837&A=details&Q=&sku=464910&is=REG&addedTroughType=categoryNavigation

Inactive

look’s like a good product but i only have the tapes (no tape reader like a camcorder or anything)

Does anyone know if there is a 8mm tape drive that you can put on the PC so i could read the media (tape) and transfer it if i need ?

Inactive

In that case, buy yourself an inexpensive digital8 camcorder with firewire built in. It should read the 8mm tapes and convert them digitally automatically. Be sure to verify this in the specs before purchase.

Inactive

thank’s for the information guy’s,
      if that’s the only option, i’ll go out and try to find maybe a used one.
      i dont understand how come there are no reader that i can install on my PC, i guess the demand is not there,

Thank’s again for your help

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best royalty-free music and sound effects sites – 2021

Music and sound effects are a crucial part of any film or video project. Using royalty-free stock music in your next project is one way to cut costs without sacrificing quality.
homicide-bootstrap