Camcorder for short film making

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi guys,

I’m looking for a decent camcorder for making short films, as well as home videos. I’m not a professional film maker so I’m looking for something suitable for a new starter, but with reliable quality and feature-set. Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions based on the following basic specifications:

1. atleast 10x optical zoom

2. external mic (audio input)

3. since I plan to edit the short films on my computer, I guess DV or DVD storage is more suitable, rather than a hard-disk (less reliable I suppose)

4. I mainly plan to distribute the short film(s) online (streaming videos), and once in a while onDVD’s; so I guess 24fps (PAL)and web quality are important as well

5. I’m located in Melbourne, Australia; and my budget is under US $1000

Please share your suggestions.

Thanks in advance! Cheers πŸ™‚

russim
      Participant

I recently purchased the Canon HV20 and I must say that it is an excellent beginners camera. It has been perfect for just about any use I have come across and I love making short-films with it. You can get the HV20 for cheaper than what I got it at now because the HV30 just came out. The HV30 retails for about $1000 so you could pick that up, but I would personally get the HV20 and then get some accessories with the rest of your money. I hope this helps. πŸ™‚

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/481076-REG/Canon_2059B001_HV20_2_96MP_CMOS_HDV.html

Anonymous
      Inactive

I have a Sony Handycam DCR-DVD305 – not sure how outdated it is – I got it over a year ago, but it has worked extremely well for basic home movie stuff. Sound quality is great as well as low light and quick focus.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Other Camcorders’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

The best live streaming equipment β€” 2021

These days, anyone with access to a smartphone can connect with fans and friends from all over the world. However, the more complex your stream, the more gear you’ll likely need. Each set up has advantages and disadvantages, and...
homicide-bootstrap

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.

Giveaway

THE ESSENTIAL VLOGGING TOOLKIT

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN