Camcorder for short film making

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

Hi guys,

I’m looking for a decent camcorder for making short films, as well as home videos. I’m not a professional film maker so I’m looking for something suitable for a new starter, but with reliable quality and feature-set. Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions based on the following basic specifications:

1. atleast 10x optical zoom

2. external mic (audio input)

3. since I plan to edit the short films on my computer, I guess DV or DVD storage is more suitable, rather than a hard-disk (less reliable I suppose)

4. I mainly plan to distribute the short film(s) online (streaming videos), and once in a while onDVD’s; so I guess 24fps (PAL)and web quality are important as well

5. I’m located in Melbourne, Australia; and my budget is under US $1000

Please share your suggestions.

Thanks in advance! Cheers πŸ™‚

Participant

I recently purchased the Canon HV20 and I must say that it is an excellent beginners camera. It has been perfect for just about any use I have come across and I love making short-films with it. You can get the HV20 for cheaper than what I got it at now because the HV30 just came out. The HV30 retails for about $1000 so you could pick that up, but I would personally get the HV20 and then get some accessories with the rest of your money. I hope this helps. πŸ™‚

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/481076-REG/Canon_2059B001_HV20_2_96MP_CMOS_HDV.html

Inactive

I have a Sony Handycam DCR-DVD305 – not sure how outdated it is – I got it over a year ago, but it has worked extremely well for basic home movie stuff. Sound quality is great as well as low light and quick focus.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap