Camcorder for Internet Music Videos & Vid Casting

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Participant

I am glad I came across this site before I make an investment on a camera and gear. There arent many retail outlets that have knowledgable people anymore.

I own a independent record label with a VERY LOW budget! I did go to film school many many many many years ago, and have been doing minor video editing with some of the cheapy video editing software programs available.

We are looking to promote our artist online through the use of video. This means we will do interviews, shoot live performances in club settings (which means low light) and host a series of video interviews with other artist – outside and inside. We are also looking to shoot music videos to post on the internet and we wantthe BEST quality we can afford.

Our budget for the camera and accessories is $2500 – $3000. I know this isnt much for you heavy hitters out there, but it is a start.

So, taking into consideration the above needs – what camera and what format would work best for me. I was looking at the GL2.

Thanks,

Craig

Inactive

Sounds like no need for high definition. Standard definition should do just fine, but you want a camcorder with exceptional low-light performance. Sony "owns" the low-light category with 2 models: The VX2100 sells for about $2200, and the PD170 sells for about $2600. The main difference between the 2 is the more professional mic connectors of the PD170.

Ken Hull

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

How to buy a camera — 2020

While we have more options and more technology than ever before; buying a new camera has never been more difficult. It’s not just that there are dozens of cameras to choose from, it’s that each one offers...
homicide-bootstrap